Has anybody tried out 1.24?

RaiJin

Reaction score
Yea I know but there have been posts all over the forums about it, or at least containing something about patch 1.24.

exactly, you guys have already been informed about the return bug not being able to be used in 1.24

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Sorry for being a total noob asking this, but can't even update the new patch. I receive an error complaining about the worldedit.exe...?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
kazuga i have the same problem, i tried getting the 1.23 worldedit and tried to download the patch, it worked but then everytime i tried to open warcraft or go on bnet it errored, so i am reinstalling :p

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
What the... I reinstalled wc3, put the newgen worldedit "Worldedit.exe" in the wc3 folder, started newgen, opened my map. So far so good. Put out a unit in the map (to make a change) and saved. Worked too... Then I tested the map, and *crash* there it is.

"This application encountered a critical error:
FATAL ERROR!
Program: C:/...
Exception ....ACCESS_VIOLATION...
...memory could not be read...

What now..?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
well i dont know anything that could fix your problem, but try opening warcraft and going on bnet, if it errors you have the same problem as i did :p

lovexylitol

Reaction score
Map test does not work

The WE Map Testing does not seem to work. (I get a Runtime Error)

If you just try to custom play your map, it will work.

Edit) Hmm, if you get a Access violation, that would be a problem in the map(triggers).

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
UPDATED : The 1.24c patch is out on all Battle.net servers, and fixes the Mac World Editor's syntax checker. There's no more need for the old fix; if you had previously used it, remove the extra Scripts folder you placed in your Warcraft III folder.

--------------
As was found in the beta version, the Mac World Editor is incompatible with 1.24 (in fact, it has not been updated since version 1.21) - its syntax checker does not recognize the new natives and returns syntax errors in Blizzard.j and common.j, meaning the trigger editor is completely unusable. For example, creating a fresh map, disabling the standard Melee Initialization trigger, and trying to re-enable it will return errors ("Unregistered native function").

A partial fix I've found: extract the Scripts folder from the 1.23 War3Patch.mpq and place it in the root Warcraft III Folder. If you do not have a backup, you can get that folder here: link. The World Editor will read these files for its own use, while Warcraft will continue to use the data in the patch file. This will restore it to its previous functionality.

The World Editor will be able to open maps that use the new functions in 1.24 and you will see them in the interface, but you will not be able to use them and you will not be able to compile triggers in a map that uses the new functions, because it cannot recognize the new ones.

It's a bad day to be a Mac Warcraft mapper... :banghead:

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
well good news and bad news :p
good news is that i can use world edit and test map
bad news is that warcraft keeps crashing when i try to go on bnet o_O like i cant even start up warcraft sometimes
this patch is so gay.

okay you know what its just bad news, i cant even open warcraft now...

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
>What do you mean probably :p
*Laughs*

Codevar.
Updated to work with patch 1.24.

There's funny things with code typecasting you didn't know, Nes... But I'd love it if someone could check that out. If someone can produce a line skipping script using that then we know that WE NEED TO BRING BACK THAT ANOUNCEMENT ABOUT WAIT FOR NEXT PATCH. :eek: Edit: Tried it, didn't work. :)

(Probably.)

So.
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
return h
call DoNothing()
return 0
endfunction

Pretty sweet. Can't wait for the next I2C exploit. For people trying to reproduce it, you must pass the returned code back into another function before it becomes valid for some reason (has always been the case).

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
wtf! I searched for patch 1.24 in google, and there, I can download patch 1.24, but each time I clicked the 1.24 link, it redirects me to patch 1.23a, and when i clicked the patch 1.23 to 1.24 upgrade, it also directs me to 1.22 to 1.23a upgrade

where the hell I can download this patch?

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
you know what, I LOVE THIS PATCH, IT BROKE DOTA

Its true that i broke most other maps too, including mine, I cant even test it, but it broke DOTA

YAY

Also, do not download the patch if you want to be able to play any maps you like

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
That is funny.

wtf! I searched for patch 1.24 in google, and there, I can download patch 1.24, but each time I clicked the 1.24 link, it redirects me to patch 1.23a, and when i clicked the patch 1.23 to 1.24 upgrade, it also directs me to 1.22 to 1.23a upgrade

where the hell I can download this patch?
So is that. +rep.

SanKakU

Reaction score
my map was broken, and it took me a full 3 minutes to fix it...wanna see what i did?
i changed this:
JASS:
    function CS_H2I takes handle h returns integer
        return h
        return 0
    endfunction

to this:
JASS:
    function CS_H2I takes handle h returns integer
        return GetHandleId(h)
    endfunction

Even if the info was avaliable, well it could have been better if they posted on the battle.net welcome page. (Yes, yes I'm lazy I don't go to the support forums)

Just in case somebody finds this useful.

1.24 Checklist

1. Change H2I to GetHandleId.

2. If your map uses any custom Blizzard.k, common.j, *.ai etc, update em.

3. If your newgen isn't working suddenly (crash, error, overflow etc), download the 5d version, update your wc3, and run 'NewGen WE.exe'. (At least the combination worked for me)

4. Read this! http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=106305

5. Seems like there is a funky bug. Read http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1096978&postcount=12 or the other 1.24 thread http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133555

actually i'm still using version b...when i had updated for d i had to redownload it instead of patching it i thinka nd that meant all my settings wouldn't carry over to d...and there might've been other changes...what were the changes anyway?
As was found in the beta version, the Mac World Editor is incompatible with 1.24 (in fact, it has not been updated since version 1.21) - its syntax checker does not recognize the new natives and returns syntax errors in Blizzard.j and common.j, meaning the trigger editor is completely unusable. For example, creating a fresh map, disabling the standard Melee Initialization trigger, and trying to re-enable it will return errors ("Unregistered native function").

A partial fix I've found: extract the Scripts folder from the 1.23 War3Patch.mpq and place it in the root Warcraft III Folder. If you do not have a backup, you can get that folder here: link. The World Editor will read these files for its own use, while Warcraft will continue to use the data in the patch file. The World Editor will be able to open maps that use the new functions in 1.24 and you will see them in the interface, but you will not be able to use them and you will not be able to compile triggers in a map that uses the new functions, because it cannot recognize the new ones.

It's a bad day to be a Mac Warcraft mapper... :banghead:

lol, really? lol...

It's not that hard to fix :nuts:

Just remove H2I from your map and replace any H2I( calls with GetHandleId(

what? you don't have to do that. just change your H2I function, silly.

JassHelper isn't what tells you your errors, pJASS is. Anyways don't just replace your H2I calls, remove the H2I function completely from your map.

or better yet, fix your H2I function to be compatible with 1.24 there's nothing wrong with your H2I calls, just the H2I function, and it's an easy fix...

and LOL@ all the people trying to update your editor to 1.23
you guys...lol...seriously. do you remember 1.23 updating your world editor? because i don't...

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
you disregarded number 5 in the checklist that you quoted yourself. if fixing the maps was as simple as replacing H2I, then there wouldn't really be a massive problem, if yours works from just replacing, then congratz.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.