New Battle.Net

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
News flash.

A game can't control that, you need to forward posts for any game that you can host games with. Try creating a server in Counter Strike: Source, can people join? No, your ports aren't forwarded.

Stop asking for the impossible, its inevitable that you will HAVE to forward your ports.

I believe I should have been more clear about what I said earlier. Yes, there are several popular games that use the system(s) mentioned above, one of my personal favorite being Left 4 Dead, working exactly how you two described in your replies.
Hm...

First you respond like an ass and now you refute your own point?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hm...

First you respond like an ass and now you refute your own point?

He's not refuting anything. Read the thread.

If Starcraft II will be hosted locally as is SC1 and WC3 then you will have to forward ports. There is no other way for information to be sent and received through your router.

However, what he is talking about now, is the method of hosting in which remote dedicated servers are used and everyone just connects to that instead of the host acting as the server.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
To me the new battle net seems like it will do just that.

If you pay, it will be very much like when you play a normal game on ladder for warcraft. Where if i understand right, i can play even with my my ports forwarded as it plays on there servers. And if you make a game pay to play. that is a feature that will be something you can do. I could be wrong, and i am not sure i fully know what i am talking about so..ya.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
News flash.

A game can't control that, you need to forward posts for any game that you can host games with. Try creating a server in Counter Strike: Source, can people join? No, your ports aren't forwarded.

Stop asking for the impossible, its inevitable that you will HAVE to forward your ports.

Zerohour doesn't need port forwarding. Thank god EA got that right.

If all else fails we can go Hamachi.

Nerzhul

Reaction score
011joincustomgame.jpg

I seen Dota Allstars :p

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
News flash.

THIS IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE
in fact it is very simple...

If a person who is behind a NAT or firewall wants to host a game, bnet could implement a 3rd person (a host bot) that is not behind a firewall that would invite you and your ally into the game. The bot would remain an invisible player.
After the game has started and the IP paths are set, the bot could leave the game.

In fact I have no clue why bnet hasnt done this yet.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
We all know, that a game like dota will come out, and will make so many different game modes, that it will still take over the hole list lol.

(I am Joking, i just thought the idea was funny)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. "Pick Heroes"? That's the Game Type? Can't they just go with local slang? "AOS", "Tower Defense", "Hero Defense" etc. Jesus.

black.sheep

Reaction score
Pick heroes is probally replacing the -apem text.
I like the look of that Only Show New Maps button.
And it looks like you can define your own gametype to custom maps, sweeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.