System Oasis - Object Attachment System

Reaction score
hmmm... when i cast the dagger one and then the green one its fine... it might be bc im using newer ver but it should be fine... and yea, if u cast the dagger one 4-5 times it starts lagging alot. (its suppose to be one cast at a time but I got lazy and didnt put a cool down. Same with green and the other one doesnt matter much. It didnt lag that much when i continuously cast it)

Reaction score
yeah i think it has plenty of uses =[ lol thanks triggerhappy =] also, its going to have an aura feature so that u can specify custom auras... its going to be pretty beast.

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
oooooooooh. Yay someone looked at the system =]! Thanks for looking through and I'll fix up some of the things u said in the next ver. Quick question tho, inline which functions in the system with txt macro? And how would txtmacros make the system run any faster? txtmacros might make compilation longer rather than quicker =/ and I dont see how txtmacros will make the system faster. Explain please =]

Thanks for the comments =]

Also, who says that this system cant be used for many practical uses?!? =] I made a few spells in the test map that are sort of practical and eye candyness combined =] Also, one could easily program parabolic knockback in this by making use of the custom function as well as use some sick effects. Also, next ver is coming with an aura module for an instant aura with some beast effects. (doesnt display the buff under status bar atm tho), but the effects work close to perfectly and I also want to test the functionality and finish it up by creating the disable and destroy methods for the aura module. Also, going to work on the supplementary package for more simpler methods to create both figures AND free form objects.

Also, please post feedback on more things I can add just like the aura system. I just thot it could be ezily added to the functionality of the system so I made it.

A textmacro is just for writing lines of code with only one line visible in your editor, it saves your time and make the code more readeable or more ugly :p
Why ? Because calling a function is slower than write these lines of code every time, but if it isn't a short periodic timer/ a big loop, then we doesn't need to care about it.
It's just because it is a system, and it is supposed to be as efficient as possible, right ?

For the pratical spell, i means you create a lot of effects but in fact you use only a circle, so sorry but your spells are eye candyness, but not really "realistic" with the effects.

Reaction score
Indeed. However, its not REALLY just a circle. It really is just a point that uses spherical coordinates instead of cartesian coordinates SO in actuality, you can specify any type of shape WHICH is what I shall be making in my supplementary package.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
lolll thanks for the catch uber.

Bravo to you too =]

LOL coming from the creator of EGUI (which is beast...) that is an amazing compliment lol.

AND WOOT I can change the txt under my name!! I feel special =]

Lol. Thanks for the compliment. You may not know this, but I'm not that awesome :p I'm not pwnage at maths like all of you people. Then again, I am only a freshman in high school. (No I don't want PM's about "I'm a freshie and know Calculus!!!! PWNT!!!"). :p And in essence EGUI is very very simple. :D Library with a little text is really all it is.

This is much more complicated. So, for that, you get my compliments. :thup: Keep up the good work!

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Indeed. However, its not REALLY just a circle. It really is just a point that uses spherical coordinates instead of cartesian coordinates SO in actuality, you can specify any type of shape WHICH is what I shall be making in my supplementary package.
I will wait a demo, so. Honestly i have read your code quickly.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
The idea is fabolous but the execution of it is not very elegant...it's brutal! :p

Here's a few suggestions:

- local object sphere = createObject(x, y)
// - local object sphere = createObjectEx(x, y, z)
- set sphere.appearance = modelPath // who wants to create a unit and modify its model just to make a sphere?
- set sphere.radius = 300.
- set sphere.layers = 30

layers.jpg

- set sphere.tilt = 45 // run a method to convert degrees to radians if needed

degree.jpg

- set sphere.slideSpeed = 500
// - set sphere.onSlide = function doSomethingEverySlideInterval
- set sphere.onSlideFinish = function damageTargets
- call sphere.startSlide(x1, y1, x2, y2)
// - call sphere.startSlideEx(x1, y1, z1, x2, y2, z2)
- set sphere.startRotating = 0.25 // 1 rotation per 4 seconds, 0 to stop the sphere from rotating
- set sphere.owner = GetOwningUnit(GetTriggerUnit()) // just in case, though, normally not needed

The point is, this kind of syntax would make it a lot more easier to use.

EDIT:

I image something like this:

Code:
// the parent
struct object
 - 	// all the vital struct members all other object types need

- 	method create
 - 	method destroy
 - 	method slide
 - 	method spin // around its own axis
 - 	method rotate // around a target/pos etc.
 - 	method jump // parabolic movement
 - 	method fadeAlpha
	etc.
endstruct

struct sphere extends object
 - 	// struct members needed to maintain the sphere

- 	method operator layers=
 - 	method operator tilt=
 - 	method operator radius=
	etc.
enstruct

struct element extends object
 - 	// struct members needed to maintain the 3d element made of polygons	

- 	method operator upperTips=
 - 	method operator lowerTips= 
 - 	method operator height= // height of the element
 - 	method operator upperRadius=
 -     method operator lowerRadius= 
	etc.
endstruct

(following is the illustration to the element methods)

element.jpg

This would make it modular, people would just use the object types they need etc.

Throwing around some ideas, maybe you get some inspiration.

Reaction score
Mmmmhm It does inspire me actually. And yes I know it is extremely inefficient lol. Plus confusing. Yes, I will rework it, partly because I have been annoyed abt certain aspects and bc I never really used operators and now I see it is extremely useful for making this beastly lol. Thanks for the ideas. Tho, I cant really work on it as of late, busy with competitions~.

RaiJin

Reaction score
so what it basically does is add a SFX but using a dummy Model of a SFX??

+REP dam looks great but i can't seem to read the dam code lol:eek:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Currently graveyarded because it is quite difficult to use this system.

Waiting for the rebuilt version!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> + Ease of Use.

That would be your main concern. It looks promising though! I'm sure you will come up with something great!

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
This system is amazing with me. Its pretty cool what you can do with wc3 models. How did you change the Max Pitch Roll ANgle Degrees.

Reaction score
Lol. Even though this one has been graveyarded, I still wanted to let people know that I plan to start work on it again. When I have more time lol. Anyway; I wanted to put a general outline of what it will be like for the next release and the ease of use. This is somewhat a planner for me because im working cross comps so. Anyway here it is:

-Going to make it so that its simply Object. No Object.kshdfsdf.shfdsdfsd. Or at least it won't be visible =3 Inheritance.
-Going to make it so that things can be set with operators. Ex. .radius = X or .DTurn = X or .DZTurn = X.
-Going to add more support functions.

Basically what it will look like on your end would be.
local Object u = CreateShape(nsides,nzsides,radius,SFXPath)
set u.Attach= GetTriggerUnit()
set u.Turn= 10
Done. Attaches an shape with nsides, nzsides, radius, an SFX, and its rotating. Is there anything else that can be simplified? Just asking.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the interface let you down.

Consider the amount of time people would spend learning your system versus the amount of time it takes to write a basic one yourself, for your precise application.

Pretty sure people didn't even get past the 3 different names for angles and what they do. Believe it or not, the mappers on TheHelper aren't mathematical academics, by and large.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. Even though this one has been graveyarded, I still wanted to let people know that I plan to start work on it again. When I have more time lol. Anyway; I wanted to put a general outline of what it will be like for the next release and the ease of use. This is somewhat a planner for me because im working cross comps so. Anyway here it is:

-Going to make it so that its simply Object. No Object.kshdfsdf.shfdsdfsd. Or at least it won't be visible =3 Inheritance.
-Going to make it so that things can be set with operators. Ex. .radius = X or .DTurn = X or .DZTurn = X.
-Going to add more support functions.

Basically what it will look like on your end would be.
local Object u = CreateShape(nsides,nzsides,radius,SFXPath)
set u.Attach= GetTriggerUnit()
set u.Turn= 10
Done. Attaches an shape with nsides, nzsides, radius, an SFX, and its rotating. Is there anything else that can be simplified? Just asking.

It would be far better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.