phase 2

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
anyone know when the beta will open up again? I heard from various sources that it was supposed to start back up this month

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Given the complete lack of anything official, it's somewhere between now and release.
Random guess: from next Friday, for about 10 days.

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Dunno if this means anything, but when I launched SC2 it started downloading some 475 MB patch, and the updater looks different:
Untitled-1.jpg

I hope this means it's (coming) live. :)

Edit: Hmm, seems like the battle.net forums have quite a few threads about this thing. ^_^

Edit: Aww, still down. :(

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The beta phase 2 will begin in early July and when they say early July, they really mean early July and not mid July. I guess it'll begin this week, tomorrow would be my guess because they like to release stuff on Thursdays(iirc)

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
I nearly jumped seeing the title, but now seeing the OP i faceslammed into the desk.
Its coming this week most likely. If its later than Friday, than its going on into mid-July.

Which means they LIED.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Phase 2 is now running

Official announcement:
Blizzard Poster said:
The second phase of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta test is now underway. We're delighted to invite you back to the battlefield and hope that you will join us through July 19 for more terran, protoss, and zerg action.

Source
Seems the guess from post #2 wasn't all that random after all :p

Still no login though :(

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I was also able to log in (US server), I heard EU is still down though.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
I've been playing games since yesterday guess I've been lucky. I am at -2 placement matches though...

Also on some maps the vespene geysers are pink.

And finally you can add people to your friends list now...right above this fucking massive add facebook friends button, but you need their 'character code'.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
If i had to reinstall the beta and I d'led it from my B.net account would i be downloading the latest patch/version of the beta or would i be downloading the very first version and would have to download everything including the latest patch again?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
If i had to reinstall the beta and I d'led it from my B.net account would i be downloading the latest patch/version of the beta or would i be downloading the very first version and would have to download everything including the latest patch again?

I'm not sure, but I remember an official post from when phase 1 ended saying; every replay played in phase 1 would be unwatchable after phase 2 was released, because they were gonna delete all patches prior to phase 2. My guess is you're gonna get the latest version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.