Physics Experiment Help

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Hey, I need to make an experiment for physics. I can test whatever I want. Yet the problem is, I can't think of anything that I want to test. Ideas? I've got plenty of time to do the testing, so times not an issue. Please don't suggest things that will cost a ton.

Thx :thup:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there any specific subject in physics that you are doing? Electricity, space, motion, etc?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
If there's an archery range nearby you can test the pull strength/speed of arrows xD

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
You could also just play around with forces if you want^^

Just take some balls of different size and prefferably of different material and roll them on the floor towards each other and document the relationship between the weight, density and the speed of which they roll when they collide:)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Can you supercool a magnet or something? Or a strobe light and swing a rope around or something. Or you can be like me, and get dry ice the day before it's due and say you burned yourself and get another few days to work on it.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Well since times not a problem, i suggest creating a hadron collider.

But for the more... smaller end of projects, i guess you could make a Rube Goldberg contraption utilizing the forces of physics somehow :D

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Geez, you guys went all out on these ideas.

And I was about to just test the affective range & blast radius of my shotgun... :eek:

High school physics can only take you so far :D

Varine

Reaction score
I like my Gauss idea. All you need to do is make a wood or plastic track, get some neodymium magnets, and steel ball bearings. If you set up a few of them you can set up a series of chain reactions that make it go faster. Just be sure that no one is in front of it because they hurt sometimes.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Or you could build a railgun^^ The basic idea is that you have two rails connected to each pole on electric storage device(battery) and then you put the projectile in the middle so that it barely fits, this will force the current through the projectile and makes the rails have different magnetic poles thus pushing the projectile fortward. The longer the rails the faster the projectile goes:thup:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This.

112.jpg

Varine

Reaction score
Oh snap. First class lever FTW.

AND he's helping Smoky prevent wildfires!

Or you could build a railgun^^ The basic idea is that you have two rails connected to each pole on electric storage device(battery) and then you put the projectile in the middle so that it barely fits, this will force the current through the projectile and makes the rails have different magnetic poles thus pushing the projectile fortward. The longer the rails the faster the projectile goes:thup:

Yeah and get electrocuted?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.