Quotes

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin, I believe.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken.

"It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail." - Gore Vidal

"Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or ill, it teaches the whole people by its example." - Justice Brandeis, dissenting in Olmstead.

A few I recall.

EDIT: One I feel really just needs posting, and yes, it came from right here on TH.net:
"Megan Fox and Elisha Cuthbert should totally mud wrestle." - Chao

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
"if random fails to meet your expectations, it is random indeed. "
-AceHart

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
"There is nothing to fear, but fear itself." -Franklin Roosevelt

"Ideas are bulletproof." -V

"Hoes think they quick, hoes think they know me; Bitch if I had a dick you'd be the first to blow me."

trb92

Reaction score
"Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot"
-Unknown, seen on a bumper sticker

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes." Orson Scott Card

Makes sense, seeing as I just woke up :D

"Violence is the last refuge of the incopitent." Issac Asimov

"There are three types of people in this world: Those who can count and those who can't" Anon

"Repitition is the key to insanity" ME

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two and two make four." - George Orwell

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Best Quote ever:

"Never be afraid tp try something new. Remember amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic." -Unknown

I love that Quote. I got it from a bottle cap from some kind of Juice bottle in SF.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
"I don't like racist beans, I mean black beans." ~My Friend

trb92

Reaction score
"I will kill you so hard you will die to death" - Kris, in the webcomic Cyanide & Happiness.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
"I will kill you so hard you will die to death" - Kris, in the webcomic Cyanide & Happiness.

BAHAHAHA I know exactly which one you're talking about! It's saved on my comp!

"You suck at flirting."

Oh, also, to contribute...

Me (talking like Ron Burgundy while staring at myself in his rear view mirror) "My God. I'm so good-looking I turn myself on."
Patrick: "I have that problem too."
Me: "Yes, Patrick, but your expectations are lower."

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Some quotes on religion

George Carlin said:
Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

George Carlin said:
This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen.

George Carlin said:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

trb92

Reaction score
While we are quoting George Carlin, here's one(Or more) of his best:
George Carlin said:
They might tell you your flight has been delayed because of a change of equipment... Broken Plane.
George Carlin said:
Here we are, a plane full of grown human begins - many of us partially educated - and they're actually taking time out to describe the intricate working of a belt buckle! 'Place the small metal flap into the buckle'

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll go to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!
While it is funny, this completely misrepresents and shows his ignorance about Catholicism. God does not need money: the church (the physical building and community where people worship God) needs money for the building, pastors, taxes, church programs, etc. Since churches have no income, they need donations to support themselves. Also, the assumption that God is a man (or women) is wrong. God is a divine being, and therefore he is neither a man or a women. The 10 commandments were for the Jews when they were exiled in Egypt. And God has given the Sacrament of Confession, so when we confess we are forgiven our sins.

This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen.
This shows that he is ignorant of the reason why we HAD the separation of church and state. It wasn't to completely separate religion from government, but to allow people to practice their beliefs without the government forcing a religion on them. People in England were being persecuted religiously because they were forced to be Protestant or Catholic depending on their king/queen at the time. Anyone who had different beliefs were executed. Now, it is almost a crime to have ANY beliefs without being attacked due to the wrongful interpretation of the constitution.

Now I cleared it up, more quotes:

"Black goes well with everything... as long as it is black" Neil Gaiman

"“What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good on this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?” -Tolkien

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”
-Tolkien

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”
-Tolkien

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Mephisto said:
My brothers, at long last we stand re-united. The infernal gate has been prepared, while the time of our final victory is at hand. Let the way to hell be open ... and the evil that was once vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall you walk amongst the innocent, and terror shall consume they that dwell upon earth. The sky shall rain fire, and the seas will become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked. And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell. The gate stands ready. Now my young brother, the time has come to assume your true form... Arise Diablo ... Lord of Terror... You are the harbinger of our return Diablo. Send forth your terror into Hell.

2 said:
"Who do you think we are!? We're not animals! We're human, just like you! There's no difference other than our families! You ever been hungry? With only soup to eat for months? Why do we have to suffer? Because you nobles deprive us of our right to live!"

"Human? Hmph, ridiculous! From the minute you were born you had to obey us! From the second you were born you were our animals!"

"Says who!? That's nonsense! Who decided all this?!"

"It is the Will of Heaven!"

"Heaven? God would never say such things! In his eyes, all are equal! He'd never let this happen! Never!"

"Animals have no God!"

3 said:
Memories are nice, but that's all they are.

4 said:
You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one!

Broxigar (Warcraft) said:
"Make me a good song, elder one?"

6 said:
The rising sun will eventually set.
A newborn's life will fade.
From sun to moon, moon to sun...
Give peaceful rest to the living dead.

Zeratul (Starcraft) said:
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) said:
Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away.

If you can tell me what the quote is from, and who says it then mad cookies to ya.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.