<Realms of the Genesis>

Status
Not open for further replies.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok making the hero stop, slow, and etc after running fast is just a hassle...just like no effect at all...because after the running youll get slowed, or disabled, or anything.....that means the haste would be useless

for the flag triggers and stuff...they are all fixed for now...no more glitches, so dont worry about it

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Just make flag invulnerable and allow the key to target Invulnerable?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ive got it working correctly

the flag is not ivulnerable, and when u captured the base, the flag will remain neutral....but the problem is the heal regen and mana regen...so what ive done is....i removed the heal and mana regen then put it on the shop

so the flag issue is solved...no more discussions about it....all i need now is some bugs

EDIT:
almost forgot
maybe ill put the official RotG thread in the jump clan site

here
www.jump08.freeforums.org

its not only RotG, but all projects made by my Pinoy friends
hope youll register there even if u are not a clan member!

thanks

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
lol Don't worry so much.
It's just 2 days since the release.
And maybe everything works properly so that there isn't any bugs ;)
All that is left is balancing.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Yeah, true. Maybe you want to add the AI in order to keep the game interesting even there are few players.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
oooo AI

i dont want to put ais in my map, because the ai would be sucky...i will give an open version of the map to the person who wants to put the ai, just like dota did

ok so no bugs, that means the update will be slow....

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Make it one by one. To kill time... lol.
Example : the Octoseer's will be pretty easy.

Make a general AI to attack and retreat and buy items and blink. Put all amount at variable.
Example :
Hero 1
--> Retreat = 300
--> Retreat increment = 25
--> Keep hp = 400
--> Keep hp increment = 30
--> Itemtable1 = boots
--> Itemtable2 = boots2
--> Itemtable3 = boots3

Hero 2
--> Retreat = 200
--> Retreat increment = 20
--> Keep hp = 300
--> Keep hp increment = 25
--> Itemtable1 = boots3
--> Itemtable2 = boots1
--> Itemtable3 = boots2

Then another trigger that will be triggered at the variables... Making AI isn't really hard as long as it can attack and go back... (you can give several trigger cheats to make them balance with players) and after, you can increase the AI to AI+ level.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
oh, i havent think of that...

but anyways i still hate making ai's but what i hate most is multiboards :p

EDIT

RotG v1.30 released

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
oh, i havent think of that...

but anyways i still hate making ai's but what i hate most is multiboards :p

EDIT

RotG v1.30 released

Hey ! Multiboards are like the Soul of a Game :p
And AI is mostly for these guys that have no fun playing against others because they think everyone is hacker :p
*Cough*
Well, from what I played till, I can say that everything works out right... (Didn't see any flaws or such... But I get a tad laggy at the beginning of the Map :S)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ok now i really want to put meathook in my map (one of my favorite skills) but if i put it in my map then people will say that i copied meat hook from dota, what i want is another idea for meat hook...not just grab and damage, but another idea that fits meat hook spell

like if a unit is grabbed, slow it and stun, or if an allied unit is grabbed, do some sfx and some heal or damage, not just editing the range, damage and model but the whole effect

i cant think of something to modify meat hook so that it wouldnt look like meat hook....thats why i need ur help on giving me ideas on how to modify meat hook

thanks

oh yeah, i need a new model for my new hero

can i request from you? HateBreeder?
i need it to be low on file size, no portrait and no custom texture...

i like the keeper of the grove model to be black like a demon and has demonic effects like black fires and black spirits...

no animation will be added or removed

he need to look bad and demonic because his name is hades and called the Dark Ruler

or maybe u have something that will fit as hades the dark ruler (ranged and an agi type hero)

darkRae

Reaction score
My idea of a new type of Hook :

Piercing Hook
Works like Meathook, but it goes through units and does not pull units.
Remember the Bending Hook technique in LotAL?
Let the hook have it :p

Grapple Hook
Works like Meathook but instead of pulling the unit it hits, the caster pulls himself to the unit it hits.
Can be casted on trees.

GreatDivide

Reaction score
my idea of a meat hook:D

The hook pierces units,damages them and goes through them..All units that are pierced will not be able to move until the the hook goes back to the user and will be bleeding(much like poison)When the hook goes back to the user the nearest unit to the user that was hit will be pulled to the user

i don't know if it can be coded but it's just my suggestion

that's all:D

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
I'll come back to an earlier submitted idea of a hero called Lava.
You said you weren't able to make the throw ability, but then perhaps you could instead of the throw ability make it the meat hook ability that you are trying to get ideas for.

Here is an idea:
The hook is thrown at the target, can be unit (ally or enemy) and building and destructible (trees). Can not be ground.
OPTIONAL: First the target is (only if it is a unit) pushed back for a small range (like the range of the ability divided by 6 or so) over say 1-2 seconds.
ABILITY: (After the optional part: ) The hook pulls the target (if unit) to the caster and while it is being pulled all units that it touches while being pulled back, both ally and enemy, get damage (difference per level). The target gets only small damage (difference per level). The great difference in this ability is that the hook will always hook to the target, not just the first target it reaches.
ABILITY EXTRA: If the hook is used on a building or a tree, the target is of course to strong and so the caster is pulled towards the target dealing damage to every target touched and again slight damage to the target (possibly if it's a tree destroy tree, and like your game does it will regrow).

OPTIONAL: Instead of a hook you can use for the model Aerial Shackles or something to make it look more firey; of course this only if you are giving this ability to Lava.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
piercing hook looks good, but it looks like a single wild axe

grappling hook is good

great divine's meat hook is imba because, it does pauses all units that the hook caught, so that means all of them will get a free damage from your allies, and it does pull the first unit it encounters after the hook has reached

Quauhtli's hook is a great idea for an ulti, but i need time to code it myself

thanks

EDIT:
RotG v1.31 released

ive got a question, this question is about the web thingy

because when u right click near the web your unit will automatically follows the web...not like dota, when u clicked near the web or inside the web, ur unit will go inside that web...but mine doesnt? it just follows the web...that means, when ur enemy sees u inside the web, he cant attack u because the web overrides the mouse...making ur enemy forced to attack the invulnerable web

how to fix it?
the web has the ability invulnerable and ghost (visible)

darkRae

Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with Selection Scale/Size?
Why doesn't it have Locust? (likewise for DotA's Web)

GreatDivide

Reaction score
ummm dota's web doesn't have the locust ability you can still select the web when you click on the top of the web

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.