[REPLAY] The Big Flip

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I played this game the other day and I thought some of you may enjoy it. It was a interesting game where both of us started with some overused builds. We then transitioned straight into losing our bases, with an interesting outcome of where we ended up. Enjoy!

Oh, and about the profanity in the replay name, I hope you get the reference. :p

Attachments

• Fast expo transition to losing whole fucking base and winning.SC2Replay
    51.5 KB · Views: 233

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
funny, these guys make it sound much worse then i believed you have played. when i watched the replay i thought it was rather good but with all those negative comments from the commentators it sounds like the worst game ever.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I have to agree with you Accname. Although there were several points in the game where I would've prioritized my attacks differently, I still think you did a great job.

One thing you definitely did better than I would have is keeping calm. That is one of the greatest counters to cheese and you did a great job at it(I am sure you were really scared while playing(I know I am when I'm getting cheesed) but you didn't let it affect your play style that much)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Nice job Whitesock.

Those commentators are pretty hilarious. I love the way they talked shit to Dub. :p He deserved it for the cheese.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Well keep in mind they were doing a trollcast. The fact that they said so little about me tells me they had trouble with finding much to really get me on. I can see at the end I was playing very cautious, but when you have a lead there's no reason to jump to the end. :p

One thing you definitely did better than I would have is keeping calm. That is one of the greatest counters to cheese and you did a great job at it(I am sure you were really scared while playing(I know I am when I'm getting cheesed) but you didn't let it affect your play style that much)

Haha. Well actually when I left the drone at his natural I was going to block his expo (since most toss fast expo on that map due to the small ramp and easy to guard natural). When I saw the cannons I decided to "proxy hatch" him back cause I knew he wouldn't expect a backdoor hit from there so early. :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>One thing you definitely did better than I would have is keeping calm.

Depends on cheese- 2 gate/6 pool -> just do the right BO to counter it.
Cannon rush however, FUCKING PANIC AS FUCKING HELL.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i am curious why the cannon rush ended that fast. the waygate was completely unused, and only 2 cannons were built. wasnt that a total waste of money? i mean in a pro game no zerg would have been stopped by that i guess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.