Sc2 - Not in 2009

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Cydra's post on the b.net forums: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=19110062236&sid=3000

Today we announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will not be ready for release by the end of 2009. Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service.

Our mission is to develop games that deliver an epic entertainment experience. As part of that commitment, we will always take as much time as needed to ensure that our games and services meet the expectations of our players and the standard for quality that we set for ourselves as developers. As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.

We will share more details about the beta, Battle.net, and StarCraft II’s launch in the future. Keep an eye on the official website at http://w​ww.starcraft2.com for updates, and as always, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II and all of Blizzard Entertainment’​s games.

At first I though a troll hacked their account again. :p

Its not really that suprising to most of us, I'm sure.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
What a shock... I'm pretty sure while most people were hoping for it this year, that everyone knew deep down that it wouldn't be till at least next year.
Sigh, more waiting for an epic blizzard game. Why must they torment us so

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Someone at Blizzard HQ is going to die soon. If it's not me who does it, I'm sure it's going to be someone else.

So first they give us a shitty, map-ruining patch for Warcraft, then they decide to delay Starcraft 2 without even releasing a demo version?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
da1nOnlyEd, nicely said.

Well, then somet ime 2010 it is then.... though if they keep up with releasing crap, it will be once again, up to us, the mappers, to fix the mess that they have made... again...

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Starcraft fans pissed off because of the (official) delay?
Warcraft fans pissed off because of a horrible, horrible patch?
Diablo fans pissed off because Blizzard is neglecting the 1.13 patch in favor of the Warcraft patch?

Sounds like a triple-kill to me. :p

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
My biggest problem has now been added to.

Now I have to find even more things to do to keep myself busy until Starcraft 2; If I upgrade to v1.24, there's a chance I'll lose my amazing map that I'm working on, and now Starcraft 2 has been DELAYED!!!

<sits in corner and cries. Then wonders why we don't have a crying smily :nuts:>

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
So first they give us a shitty, map-ruining patch for Warcraft.

I wouldn't be that harsh - I would rather keep my computer clean of viruses and just update my code
rather than stay out of battle net due lazy blizzard not fixing critical bugs.

But on the subject of Starcraft 2 release date: awwww...:(

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
we've seen previews of the sc2 gameplay, its epic, and its a lot more stragetic then their last RTSs. they gave us something before making us wait longer, unlike WoW, they dished those expansions out like crazy.
TBH, im kind-of happy. wc3 will last a little bit longer :)

id also like to point out that blizzard is working on diablo 3 too. and i doubt anybody gets paid overtime. it may be a different team, but it takes effort from blizzard all around to make everyone happy, we wait in traffic dont we?

i said wc3 will last longer because a lot of people are switching to sc2, and we can say goodbye to good map-makers because they will switch to sc2 most likely

Ive also heard of mapmakers making sc2 versions of their map.

Like i said i think, we wait for a lot of other things less important then this :eek:

When it comes out the gamers will be so happy they wont care.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
? What's "d" supposed to mean?

Just a random character. I didn't feel like typing out "Yep, exactly what I thought."

What's up with the 1.13 Diablo 2 patch? I'm just getting back into D2 and still barely know crap about it :p

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wait, they were saying its gunna be released this year? i had it in m head that itd be until 2011 that theyd release it, so for me this is... good news :p a whole year less for me lol

oh fuck that only gives me 1 year to get a better comp!

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
wait, they were saying its gunna be released this year? i had it in m head that itd be until 2011 that theyd release it, so for me this is... good news :p a whole year less for me lol

oh fuck that only gives me 1 year to get a better comp!

A year to get a better comp? Get one like a month before with like maxxed out specs.

That way, you get like 999999 FPS XD

And then like 999 on the Crysis of that generation. :p

But a PC of moderate-high specs of like early 2009 will be fine running SC2 high settings at like 60 FPS or so.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
my comp is like... 2004, and i dont even have a video card, its shared with memory, 1gig memory: 128 to video, and 872 for memory lol xD
but like i mean a year to GET THE MONEY to buy a better comp lol bad wording on my account

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, that shouldn't take too long ;) Get a part time job and you should have enough in roughly 6 months.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Shit, I need a better comp to. At my dads my comp lags while running facebook...
Don't think that will be quite good enough for starcraft 2, especially since it had troubles with starcraft.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Shit, I need a better comp to. At my dads my comp lags while running facebook...
Don't think that will be quite good enough for starcraft 2, especially since it had troubles with starcraft.

Whatcha talkin' bout. Course it'll run SC2 :rolleyes: at 999 FPS too!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Now, that was the last straw, Come on brothers lets storm blizzard and slap them with wet towels until they fix the wc3 patch, include lan in SCII and... pay our pizza bills for an entire year! Yeah! Who's with me?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I kind of expected blizzard to delay sc2, its not like them to rush. Blizzard always takes their sweet, precious time for all their games.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeh, anyone ever hear Blizzard say "next year/this year" tack on another like 2 years.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
better a pie then a burnt cake, if blizzard rushes then we'd all get sick of food poisoning
Life isn't crap, it's time for you guys to go outside >:O
and I'm pretty sure everyone here wants to work for blizzard since they're so badass
so you should just slap your self with wet towels

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.