Sc2 - Not in 2009

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Diablo fans pissed off because Blizzard is neglecting the 1.13 patch in favor of the Warcraft patch?
yea tough luck :/
I hope blizzard make ubers SP compatible or add a ton of new content

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
and I'm pretty sure everyone here wants to work for blizzard since they're so badass

No. I also met a guy who turned down an offer from Blizzard because he was disgusted with WoW as a game and what it does to people. Can't say I'm too far off from that opinion myself.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
No. I also met a guy who turned down an offer from Blizzard because he was disgusted with WoW as a game and what it does to people.

Huh that's curious. He probably has\had offers from other big studios..... valve, epic games, or some other high paying.

Can't say I'm too far off from that opinion myself.
I find that hard to believe.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Huh that's curious. He probably has\had offers from other big studios..... valve, epic games, or some other high paying.

Money is not everything to everyone. I probably would take the offer, had it been to me, simply because I did enjoy the game, and would love to work on it. I quit the game simply because I didn't have the time to spare, with College/Work in my schedule.

However, I can understand where he's coming from. There are certain companies I will not work for, even if the pay is higher.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
There are certain companies I will not work for, even if the pay is higher.

Care to explain why? Don't name them if you don't want.

What's the big deal if a company has made a game in the past that you don't like?
I doubt there are companies that treat you as a slave (maybe a semislave : )))

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
We all know why.. Its because of wow. And in till they WoW gos away no starcraft 2. And at this rate. it wont ever happen...(I mean they have to make more money in the long run releasing this game, not less).

On top Off topic of working for blizzard. I used to always want to work for them (Dont have any real skills just geting cs major currently) But More and more I find i wouldnt like it. Because its become so big, that I know i would have zero control on what i did. and not only that i would be a tiny part of a large group. Its not like how the games starcraft 1 and warcraft 2 were made. Thats the type of company i want to work for. (But i figure ill just make programs for some business.)

Sgqvur

Reaction score
Because its become so big, that I know i would have zero control on what i did. and not only that i would be a tiny part of a large group.
:/ You can play solo in Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain? : ))

I read somewhere about starcraft 1 development.
They didn't like warcraft 2 engine and some dude rewrited it for 2-3 months
that way the managed to do whatever they like with it.... like creating the carriers 8 flying "flys" (interceptors)?

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score

He ended up founding a game company in Germany with four other guys.

I don't. Any job I get after college would just be for the industry experience. I'd like to do what the aforementioned guy did (except not in Germany).

Sgqvur

Reaction score
I don't. Any job I get after college would just be for the industry experience. I'd like to do what the aforementioned guy did (except not in Germany).

Heh....well then good luck! : ))
I have an idea for a name ---> EleCorp? or just EleC....sounds epic to me.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score

I didn't read anything mentioning it's lack of beta appearance in 2009. It just sounds like they're not ready to release anything yet.

I for one will continue to hold onto any shred of hope that there will be a beta sometime in 2009.

Also, what ever happened to "We'll have it out at least by Q1 2010."? It was quoted somewhere. I can't really remember where I saw this though. I know it was from a interview video, so the legitimacy would be solid enough to trust it.

--Beetle

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
I hope starcraft II will be released 31 March 2010, Exactly 12 years after the release of starcraft which was released 31 March 1998. Would be pretty cool.

Though I believe it will be released later.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
It will be delayed in 2012 and we'll all die :p

BTW, does everyone that opted in the Beta at battle.net have the starcraft 2 symbol right next to beta settings?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.