Seeking Partner for Game Development

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
[If this is not the appropriate forum to post this under, I apologize I wasn't sure the best place to put it. ]

Hello, I am looking for someone who would be interested in joining me in the production of a game(s). Basicly, I have an interest in game development as a future career, and I've been wanting make my first game, no matter how small, to gain experience. If anyone would like to join me in anyway, feel free to PM me or leave a message. We can discuss additional things such as what type of game, and what programming language to use, etc.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
For now i only know visual basic. But im a quick learner. Im wanting to learn C++, i have it installed on my computer along with Dark GDK.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I know C++ and I have worked with Dark GDK (Not to much though)

I would love to help you with any PROBLEMS you have but I cant help make any games. You see, I already have a team making this one game so I cant really do two things at once. But maybe when im done (In like 2-3 years lol) I could actually be apart of your team or something :cool:

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Visual Basic isn't a game developing language, it's just for beginners. C++ or Delphi is the only way to go.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
ah, but i have a book called Game Programming For teams with visual basic. Using Direct X, you can make decent games. It says you could even make a game such as World of Warcraft with it.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
ah, but i have a book called Game Programming For teams with visual basic. Using Direct X, you can make decent games. It says you could even make a game such as World of Warcraft with it.

I had the exact same book at one point. It's pretty good. Hit me up on MSN bro,
[email protected] I'd like to join you.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I'd like to join as well. I have some basic experience with C++ and DarkGDK.

Email - [email protected]
Xfire - cheesywlz
Steam - cheesywlz OR sssummer'

What type of games are we hoping to create?

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
awesome guys. Well I'm not sure for, now but I'm loaded with ideas, but I'm saving the best and most difficult for the far future when I have my own company :D I already have a few ideas for now, though they would be better for Flash games. I'll add both ya to my contacts.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I suppose I could join too then. I have a medium-high level experience in Visual Basic (currently working on a syntax highlighter, phew) and I also know C# and basic (a little more than basic too) C++, and I'm learning Delphi.

MSN: mcrelsker/@/hotmail/com <-- without the /'s
E-mail: mcrelsker/@/gmail/com <-- without the /'s too

But.. we still need somebody to make models? Also I'd love to make a fighting game like Tekken.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Hm now that you actually have a team I'm starting to think about it...

Eh what the hell why not. It wont be that hard doing two projects at once :p

Email --> [email protected] (its not my real name ;))

I'm a moderate programmer in C++ and have used Dark GDK before once. However I'm probably not as good as you guys :rolleyes:.

I am also learning how to model... However I'm JUST starting...

My modeling skills also depend on what game we are making... :p

PM me it if you don't want to say it out loud. Btw I'm going to go find a way to fast communicate with you guys :D

Edit: Contact me via AIM now! (AIM account name near my Rep Bars)

Edit2: Nvm I suck at modeling :p

But I may be able to do something else. Maybe music or something :D

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I'll help you out if you need any help, I'm pretty adept at C#, VB.Net, and C++ so if you need anything feel free to ask. To really join I do not have the time.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Seeing as your making a game, you'll probably need someone with writing experience to go over all the text (for story), and make sure it is grammatically correct.
And, (depening on the game) you may need a writer to work on a story (or to improve on it).

I also know HTML, and some CSS (I don't know everything, but if you supply me with images, I can make a website), I have experience with websites, (I host a private blog, along with a few other sites), and I know how to install scripts for things such as MyBB, SMF, WordPress, MediaWiki, etc (I've successfully installed all of these, other than WordPress. My server host (a friend of mine who gave me a sub-domain under his) installed it for me).

If you think you might need my skill set, send me an email at [email protected]

(Also, I am attempting to learn Visual Basic, and I have some (very) basic graphics editing (banners, renders, etc) skills.)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I'm back! I was traveling all weekend. Ok, as for writing part, Miz said he would be glad to help me out with game related writing. Modeling, well I'm no pro, but I'm working on it, I might be able to get a workable concept. As for the game idea, I've got a couple up my sleeves, i would for all of us to meet in a chatroom, to discuss it.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Okay so i found a software we might be able to use called: PeerAware It allows chatting and sharing of files, this removes the hustle and bustle of using IMs like aim and msn, having everyone on different account types, etc. So i need to test it out, to see if it works. Everyone will need to download and install it. I created a test workgroup, but it requires predefined members, the way i set it up. You must type the ip adress into your browser, then use the PeerAware to connect.

The interface of the workgroups can be fully customized and scripted, so therefore, any of our members who are good with html, which i recall one of you were, can design our chatting area. I know html my self, but am not experienced with Java Script.

Edit: I tested it with Miz. So it works out pretty good, its a little laggy with the message return but its not too bad. So what i need from all the members, is for you to install it, and PM me with your requested password, and i will use your username, unless requested otherwise. I will PM you the required IP to join the workgroup.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Sounds good ! I'm working on a mesh renderer, so we can start working on the models. (vgxmesh) However it'll take some time to test and it takes some time to write too. (Written in vb.net)

Yea, it's kinda hard =(

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
I can probably get this dled and all, but not right now since I have a carpet cleaner over :rolleyes:. But it all sounds good! Sounds like we have a real team going! Just tell me what I should get working on and I'll be happy to do it :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.