Technology Steve Jobs, Apple co-founder, dead at 56

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Steve Jobs, the demanding visionary who understood before anyone else how deeply we would live our lives through our devices, has died at the age of 56, only weeks after resigning as chief executive of computer giant Apple Inc. for health reasons.

Jobs revitalized Apple by transforming smartphones, computers, and media players into objects of desire. He insisted the company put the human experience first, focusing on design as well as technological prowess. Fifteen years ago,Apple flirted with bankruptcy; today, it is one of the most successful companies on earth. Only oil titan Exxon Mobil Corp. is worth more.

“He taught all of us how to transform technology into magic,” said John Sculley, Apple’s chief executive in the mid-1980s, and the man who once had Jobs kicked out of the company he’d co-founded.

After he was ousted, Jobs endured a decade of exile. But the experience taught him lessons that would, once he returned, help him lead Apple to unimaginable heights of achievement.

“Steve’s big contribution to the computer industry was to take it away from the nerds and give it to the people,” said Bob Metcalfe, co-inventor of Ethernet networking technology and a professor at the University of Texas at Austin.

Jobs was born in San Francisco on February 24, 1955 to Syrian immigrant Abdulfattah John Jandali and Joanne Schieble, both graduate students at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

Last edited by a moderator:

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Wat.
I didn't like his fanboys but the guy was a pretty good salesman.
Rest in Peace.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wow so soon. I thought he'd have retired sooner if it was this bad. Guess money can't cure everything.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
RIP...

Now time for the jokes!

After announcing the iPhone 4S, and being met with a negative response, Steve Jobs announced the iDie.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heard it the second it happened. Someone at my meeting was on twitter and said it out loud. It was pretty dense.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
But it will never be the same... he was a great man

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He had pancreatic cancer, just like my grandmother and the thing about that is that you cannot tell when someone is going to go, because they go so suddenly.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
apple_logo_steve.jpg

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
R.I.P Steve Jobs

Ah well, he had suffered long enough. Maybe it's time to let go.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
R.I.P. iPhone 5. :(

It's sad that he didn't live long enough to witness the new Apple office building he visioned.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People may not like Apple products, but there is no doubt that he was a brilliant man.

He basically made Apple a religion.

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
“He taught all of us how to transform technology into magic,” said John Sculley

There was the constant perfectionism, the fervent attention to every detail of every product. “It was like talking to da Vinci,” Miller said.

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius... Steve Jobs will forever be the foundation of Apple.

Freakin sad. Shocked

Rest In Peace...

I hope there will be a man like him in the next generation.

Look at apple.com, their main page changed.

We love you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.