What are the minimum requirements for sc2

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I have an old computer, so I'm wondering what are the minimum requirements to run starcraft II at a playable pace? (playable as in no lag and no delay, and no graphic difficulties)
so basically,
what are the minimum requirements regarding
ram
graphic card
internet provider
and any other component that might factor in to exciting gameplay

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We don't know yet, as it is not released.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Check the SC2 site every now and then, you'll see around beta time or shortly after that.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
if those speculated requirements are correct then the minimum is quite low, u could buy those parts to upgrade your pc for less then $300 AU easy. Spend $800 AU and you'd have a system to smash the higher end requirements.... and the game isn't even out yet. Things get cheaper all the time

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
*100 GB RAM
*1 GB Graphics Card
*5.32 GHz Processor
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce FX 5500

Ahh.... just assume that any modern day computer can handle it?

Anyways, does that mean even a simple $1100 computer could?

he only thing they confirmed yet afaik is that SC2 requires a graphic card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0.
What's Pixel Shader?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Almost all (recent) graphics card have it, unless you know yours doesn't, you should be fine.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Thats like exactly what my lap top has and its brand new for like $1000 on sale.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I didn't know you could get 100gb ram. I think that he had a typo, the highest I have seen is 32.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I think your talking about processor. Ram can go even higher but thats expensive.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I think your talking about processor. Ram can go even higher but thats expensive.

It's obvious that you don't know what YOU'RE talking about.

On a laptop, 1GB is minimal, 2GB is standard, 4GB is high. I've never seen more than 4GB on a laptop. On a desktop, the highest I've seen any motherboard support is 32GB, but I've never even heard of anyone with more than 12GB (Usually 4GB is enough as well, but I heard the makers of L4D upgraded theirs to that). The highest Windows Vista, 64-bit can even support is 128GB. On my laptop, I'm running the entire operating system, programs, files and everything with only 80GB of hard drive space (split the hd into two partitions, so I have linux using up the other 80GB).

5.32 GHz Processor

I really doubt this.

Computer Processors (Bare Minimum -> High End):
One core: 2.4 GHz - 3.8GHz
Two/Dual core: 2.0 GHz - 3.4GHz
Four/Quad core: 1.8 GHz - 3.2GHz

Middle of the line for Dual core processors is about 2.4-2.6 GHz, which would put many people waay below recommended. Especially when standard laptop dual core processors are 2.0 GHz - 2.2 GHz.

The link 2-P posted seems realisticto be the Bare minimum to even run the game. I expect the requirements for a smooth game would be something like this:

CPU: 3.6 GHz (effective, this would be a little above 1.8 GHz with dual core)
GPU: 256 MB DDR2, 128 bit
RAM: 2 GB

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I said I think. It doesn`t mean Im right so you don`t need to give us a explanation of how Im wrong and so is the website.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I said I think. It doesn`t mean Im right so you don`t need to give us a explanation of how Im wrong and so is the website.

If you have no idea, why did you post it at all? I was simply trying to give a good explanation about what a standard computer is, and show you a comparison between the website, and what I expect to be normal.

I said the website sounded accurate, not that it necessarily was or even that it was wrong. My predictions were for a "smooth" game (as in no lag in a melee map). The site's predictions were for a bare minimum, super-lag game.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
On a laptop, 1GB is minimal, 2GB is standard, 4GB is high. I've never seen more than 4GB on a laptop. On a desktop, the highest I've seen any motherboard support is 32GB, but I've never even heard of anyone with more than 12GB (Usually 4GB is enough as well, but I heard the makers of L4D upgraded theirs to that). The highest Windows Vista, 64-bit can even support is 128GB. On my laptop, I'm running the entire operating system, programs, files and everything with only 80GB of hard drive space (split the hd into two partitions, so I have linux using up the other 80GB).

128gb? To do what? Run every program ever made at once? I didn't even know there was anything higher than 32. But I guess it would be pretty sweet to have 128 just to say you do. I think it will require 1-2 gb of ram as a minimum, if you have 2gb ram, you are probably safe. as far as processors go, dual core will probably require 2-2.4ghz as a min. Most computers today have dual or quad cores. I have no good guess as to how much hard disk space it will take, swing in the dark, 5gb (with all the maps and everything, wc3 takes up about 1.5gb)? My knowledge on graphics cards is minimal, so I won't go there.

This is my guess, and if it's an accurate one, then I won't be able to play it on my computer.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz / Intel Core2Duo 4400 2.0Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce FX 5700, 5900.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz / Intel Core2Duo 4400 2.0Ghz
>Memory: 2 GB RAM
>Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce FX 5700, 5900. CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 >GHz / Intel Core2Duo 4400 2.0Ghz
>Memory: 2 GB RAM
>Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce FX 5700, 5900.

Hope that this is the reccomended or optimal requitements cuz that is exactly how much RAM I have, and my PC can't handle more :S

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.