Who here actually played/is playing Starcraft Broodwar.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Im just really curious who here actually played Starcraft Broodwar since any knowledge there would be beneficiary in learning Starcraft 2 or is everyone just hopping the Starcraft 2 bandwagon? :rolleyes:

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I don't play it constantly, but I have played it before, yes.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Playing it now, but I know the story so when I come to a mission I don't want to do, I play another race and then go back to it later

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes... it's always fun to play that game.

Terran, too. Nothing else for me. :)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Zerg > Terran ;o Ling mass rape all :D (Except Air, but then you just get Hydra-Muta combo harass then Ling ambush base)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Occasionally I LAN with my bro and a few friends. I personally love the protoss. My bro kicks my ass with the zerg though lol.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I've played Starcraft since two years after it's release. It was the game that stole my heart, and I've loved Sci-Fi and RTS ever since. The game has a fantastic story, amazing gameplay, and really cool teams!

However, it's still the hardest game I've ever played. Can't get anywhere without cheats :p

Amen. I'm sure there's going to be a major faction wars when the game comes out, at least I know what side I'm on :D There's just something so alluring, so seductive about the perfection of those killing machines, even if they're a difficult team to play.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
da1nOnlyEd, I support all 3 races.

Zerg are the ulltimate race.

The Protoss are half magical, so they are cool (also zealots now have dash <3 )

The terran are what you would expect the human race to be. However there are a coupple of very addictive units and combos you can make (for example marine and medic and firebat is a very strong combination (kinda useless agains flying units and units like the siege tank, but pretty darn strong)

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I don't think I ever played anyone race more than any other. I always randomed. I don't really play anymore though, really only at LAN parties. When I do play outside of LAN parties, it's against the computer because I don't want to get creamed online.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Sevion, I am no german keyboard now. Y is where Z shloud be. Not to mention that the [ brakets seem to be missing.... :eek::eek::eek:

I still remember some of my better games °flashback° Hope that the gameplay won't be screwed up.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
(for example marine and medic and firebat is a very strong combination (kinda useless agains flying units and units like the siege tank, but pretty darn strong)

which is countered by Hydralisks and Lurkers.

Try Ultraling. The bane of all noob protoss players :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.