World After North Korean strike, South Korean leader threatens 'retaliation'

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
On Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, North Korea launched an attack on South Korea. North Korea fired about 100 artillery rounds at Yeonpyeong Island, injuring 15 people, and killing two South Korean Marines. South Korea declared that the surprise attack was "indisputable armed provocation against the Republic of Korea. Making matters worse, it even indiscriminately fired against civilians. Such actions will never be tolerated".

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Asians vs. Asians... Isn't it genocide?

Frankly, why start a war so suddenly? And what is subject of this war?

EDIT: wait if America is supporting north korea and china south korea, wouln't another WWI treaty/pact situation occur?

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101123/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_clash
A statement from the North said it was merely "reacting to the military provocation of the puppet group with a prompt powerful physical strike," and accused Seoul of starting the skirmish with its "reckless military provocation as firing dozens of shells inside the territorial waters of the" North.
The exchange represents a sharp escalation of the skirmishes that flare up along the disputed border from time to time. It also comes amid high tensions over the North's apparent progress in its quest for nuclear weapons — Pyongyang claims it has a new uranium enrichment facility — and six weeks after North Korean leader Kim Jong Il anointed his youngest son, Kim Jong Un, as the heir apparent.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
I only lurk here, I don't post here anymore, but I gotta say this.

People chill. "Declares war" is just an exaggeration by this news group for more views, officially, the Korean war never ended, all this time they were at war. And NK was doing stunts like this all the time. NK always takes a shit on SK, SK threatens to do something back, but doesn't, all of the countries "condemn" NK's actions, but nothing really happens. This time it is a bit more serious tho, even India fortified their borders with China, in case shit hits the fan. But China is not likely to support NK even if a war breaks out, because that would mean a war with USA, fall of both economies and probably a nuclear holocaust, but China is not an idiot, so there's nothing to fear of.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Frankly, why start a war so suddenly? And what is subject of this war?

It's quite historic of those two countries to be at war. Tensions have been high since the cold war and North Korea is continually trying to provoke South Korea, yet walk their way out blaming South Korea.

I'm honestly suprised they've been at relative peace for so long.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
They should just settle it over a nice long game of Starcraft 2.

Fixed the thread title btw.

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
they should just have a massive starcraft II war, and the winner claims both nations

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
North Korea declares war on South Korea. France surrenders.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
North Korea declares war on South Korea. France surrenders.

well I say mate, you've gone and made my bloody day. Now if you'll excuse me I shall go have some tea and biscuits with the queen.

ive been working on my british. is it good? is it?
seriously though that comment made my day :)

@hatebreeder, im pretty sure its the other way around, america has always supported the south.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>@hatebreeder, im pretty sure its the other way around, america has always supported the south.

Correct

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
does anybody support north korea? even china is against them nw, at least officially, and hell i always thought china is the bad guys. i doubt north korea would practically have a chance to start a war alone still having at least a chance of success in view. the USA got about 30000 soldiers in south korea as the BBC information said and i believe europe would support them also.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
maybe thats the point. maybe they are losing supporters and want to act now before they lose all support, and have everyone side with the south against them.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Being Korean, I am pretty pissed but I've found certain facts that intrigue me.

1) Nov., 2009 Allegedly, South Korea fires upon (and sets fire to) a North Korean ship that allegedly wandering into a South Korean shipping lane.
2) May 2010, North Korea sinks a South Korean ship allegedly in retaliation for the Nov. 2009 tragedy.
2) South Korea starts maneuvers in that area which includes shelling, sabre-rattling, etc.
3) North Korea asks them to stop.
4) South Korea ignores North Korea's request.
5) North Korea shells South Korea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.