Can't locate game file with new patch

darkreapers

Reaction score
hey anyone know how to fix this? it seems any map made in VJASS warcraft 3 can't open now.

Dota wont work and so does some other maps, it just says cannot locate game file, even though its saved in the right place n works the day before.

any help woul dbe great

RaiJin

Reaction score
hey anyone know how to fix this? it seems any map made in VJASS warcraft 3 can't open now.

Dota wont work and so does some other maps, it just says cannot locate game file, even though its saved in the right place n works the day before.

any help woul dbe great

the guy above me is not quiet right, blizzard made it so that any map that uses the return bug will not work, try to avoid return bug

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Also not returning anything in an elseif block will error, if I read that thread right. If your/a map uses H2I replace the calls with 'return GetHandleId(h)'.

DrStyles

Reaction score
your both wrong.. new patch screwed everything up. thats all there is to it. it even added some random crap to my WE and now i got garbage useless triggers all over. pretty much any map that is big or includes cool stuff in unusable. hope blizzard fixes what they messed up..
(also they banned vck and some other stuff officially.)
WTF! http://visualcustomkick.com/forums/index.php?topic=889.0 you mess up patch and take away our goodies! T.T

DrStyles

Reaction score
so btw wtf do we do? i just.. can't play half the games i have? thats cool.. maybe they fix it soon? (like in a few years)

SwedishChef

Reaction score
so btw wtf do we do? i just.. can't play half the games i have? thats cool.. maybe they fix it soon? (like in a few years)

All my maps are corrupted now (all i have made). And i made all in newgen. Two of the maps i use NO jass the third maybe five triggers.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im realy stumped on whats going on so the patch currupted maps with what in it???

DrStyles

Reaction score
OH WAIT!! doesn't that mean GUI is much much better the Jass??? as of now HA! I KNEW IT!!

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
that will never be the case no matter how jacked up blizzard makes things. GUI is just a less complicated way of JASS, you cant make the JASS worse then the GUI

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
that will never be the case no matter how jacked up blizzard makes things. GUI is just a less complicated way of JASS, you cant make the JASS worse then the GUI

Hes right. Even if I am a GUI person (i also started to learn some JASS) u cant make JASS worse than GUI. JASS is way better than GUI and u r so free when u r using JASS. With GUI u r kinda limited

DrStyles

Reaction score

Hes right. Even if I am a GUI person (i also started to learn some JASS) u cant make JASS worse than GUI. JASS is way better than GUI and u r so free when u r using JASS. With GUI u r kinda limited

Wrong. Yes it is completely obvious (even to us GUI morons as we are assumed to be stupid because we don't need Jass) that Jass is less limited, but it is not as sure. If I use Jass I will never know when the next patch will ruin it. I will never know what codes are safe to use. And therefor, as of now, GUI is a more "safe" way of doing things you don't need Jass for, because it is guaranteed 92% to work. (not rly, more like 20%)
Btw just cause I use GUI for simple functions doesn't mean im ignorant moron, so you can shut up with those comments. :)

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>I will never know what codes are safe to use.

you would know if you learned Jass

besides theres no point of arguing this, you can stick firmly to your belief and stop arguing about this topic in 2 threads

DrStyles

Reaction score
you would know if you learned Jass

Not what patch 1.24 says. I'm sure the people didn't know.

besides theres no point of arguing this, you can stick firmly to your belief and stop arguing about this topic in 2 threads

I will thank you. There are benefits to both ways, and for me gui is better as of now. And you in turn, can stop making assumptions. ^.^ IQ test isn't how much you know in Jass.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone make assumptions based on the fact someone only knows GUI.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The maps aren't corrupted, you just have to fix them....

I ran into problemss with WE and thought it was NewGen (Most of it was) But here are two of the common things i've seen...

1) Can't test maps with the test button in NewGen WE
Fix) Disable "Reinventing The Craft"

2) Maps don't show up when you try to host them on TFT, they do however show up in the NewGen Test folder. There seems to be a couple fixes for this.
Fix1) Rename the map in your windows explorer. (Worked for me, My maps name was too long so I shortened it.)
Fix2) Fix the code in your triggers there is something with jass that needs to be changed, im not sure what it is but search around and you will find it (if its not in this thread:rolleyes:)

PS: DrStyles has no clue what he is talking about when it comes to the problem with jass and this patch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.