Estimated Release Dates

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
Rumors Rumors Rumors, so many kids posting threads saying o i know when its coming out well guess what your full of crap. As you may all know the time the site Starcraft2.com was made was approximately 2 years and 7 months ago.(bad poker hand 2,7) Estimating full load work force for the time to make warcraft 3 Reign of chaos it took approx little less than 4 years, actually little less than 3 and a half bout 3/5. They had 6 teams working on that project 40 hours a week. As most of you know this line "it is to early to determine a release date" well thats just madingly un helpful. cant you people at least give us 1 within like a year range, well the answer is yes they can quite easily why. Because beta testing for starcraft 2 will start october 29th, estimated time, believe its a monday. Which will put the final estimated release date at 2010 may-june. so stop asking cause you people are annoying and i know this for 100% fact as i have interviewed many people on the sc2 team who have all gave me the same answer, most of you know the interviews on the sc2 site that give the info, those long drawn out things, yes those where questioned by me.

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Which will put the final estimated release date at 2010 may-june. i know this for 100% fact as i have interviewed many people on the sc2 team who have all gave me the same answer, most of you know the interviews on the sc2 site that give the info, those long drawn out things, yes those where questioned by me.

so stop asking cause you people are annoying

Do you find yourself annoying? Also whats your credibility as a interviewer since it must be pretty high to state your information as 100% fact? Did you interview them over the internet or did you actually talk to them? Around how many people did you interview? Is this possibly a joke thread since your post is full of irony?

If all these people told you these long drawn out things which are all the same answer which must mean their 100% fact, I would assume Blizzard would post them on their website.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Do you find yourself annoying? Also whats your credibility as a interviewer since it must be pretty high to state your information as 100% fact? Did you interview them over the internet or did you actually talk to them? Around how many people did you interview? Is this possibly a joke thread since your post is full of irony?

If all these people told you these long drawn out things which are all the same answer which must mean their 100% fact, I would assume Blizzard would post them on their website.

Psssssst, don't feed the troll.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
My bets are on Oninuva
Will be released Q2 of 2009.
But then agein, about a year ago i thought it would be out at the end of 2008.
But at least we know there in the beta. that's good news.

What was i thinking, when they didn't even have a beta before, and that the new WoW exp was gonna come...

I would not bet my life on this though.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Christmas (Q4) 2009 is my guess to maximize US profits.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
ya cuz christmaz olny exists in the US am i right?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
You know, when I first found out there was going to be a Starcraft 2, I was shocked to see the release date estimated (at the time) to be late 2008. I imagined how old I would be, and how far away that seemed. I thought that at the time I found out about it, It was almost complete and they were spending time polishing it.

Well guess what! Early 2009, and still no SC2. It's getting pretty annoying, as everyone just keeps taking pot shots at when this thing will be released. I'm not even sure if Blizzard has some sort of schedule for this thing, I mean, it looks like Diablo 3 is getting the focus now! Why try and produce 2 long-awaited games at the same time?

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
well easy :)

Diablo 3 was made but it wasn't good enough. so they started over. that was a few years back now. anyway i think that's why they happen to be so much closer together then the had planed at first.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Well guess what! Early 2009, and still no SC2. It's getting pretty annoying, as everyone just keeps taking pot shots at when this thing will be released. I'm not even sure if Blizzard has some sort of schedule for this thing, I mean, it looks like Diablo 3 is getting the focus now! Why try and produce 2 long-awaited games at the same time?

If you think D3 is anywhere close to where SC2 is now, I would think again lol. My guess is Q2 or Q4 for SC2.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
i heard from someone on youtube say that
the diablo 3 team is 3 times bigger than the sc2 one
so sc2 would be considered tiny
so after beta and everything, it should come out in the mid 10s or late 09

Megika

Reaction score
i heard from someone on youtube say that
the diablo 3 team is 3 times bigger than the sc2 one
so sc2 would be considered tiny
so after beta and everything, it should come out in the mid 10s or late 09

Since everyone on youtube is a reliable source, this must be right! :rolleyes:

I think starcraft + expansion sold more copies than diablo 2 + expansion... not sure about that at all though.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Allthough this probably will not help anyone in thier estimates much, it might..

I see lots of questions about timelines. Here is a little FAQ.

Question: "Why hasn't Blizzard released the Beta?" or "WTF have they been working on, I played it at Blizzcon last year and I thought it was done!"
Answer: Solo campaign is under heavy construction as is Battlenet. When these things have enough work done that we know when our release date is going to be with strong confidence we will announce the Beta. Unless something crazy happens, the Beta is going to happen this year.

Question: "Why don't you just give us your target dates if you don't know the final date? We promise, we won't get mad if Blizzard misses target dates."
Answer: Let's be realistic. Our target dates are not something we hit more than half the time. Putting those out there would be pretty close to lying to the fans. We are not going to do that. We want to be able to give good info, not info that we know is suspect. We'll give target dates when we think it is very likely that we will hit them.

Question:When can we have the next Battle Report?
Answer: We were waiting on getting some improved graphics in (some of the new stuff looked REALLY rough). That was finished last week and we are now playing and looking for a good game. Once we get that game the process is reasonably quick to get it out. Once we go Beta, you guys can do these and put them up. When that happens I'm sure there will be a ton of them and I'm sure the quality of the games played and the announcing will go way up.

Question:"I notice that you haven't actually given us any dates...."
Answer: Yeah. Sorry. We don't want to lie about the Beta, and we don't even want to lie about the next Battle Report. When we know a date (for anything) for certain, we'll let you know.

Hang in there. We're in the final stretch.[/COLOR]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.