Inglorious Basterds

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Tarentino just hit the nail bang on with this one... only he can half 20 minute dialogues and keep you at the edge of your seat.

Masterpiece.

JEW HUNTER FOR BEST ACTOR!

Zakyath

Reaction score
It was great, but I would had liked it shorter. There were a few slow scenes. Enjoyed the tavern scene, though.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Great movie, not quite a Pulp Fiction though.
It was nice to watch a movie with more intelligent humor than most comedies out there. :thup:

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
My friends and I have been quoting this move ever sense.

Ariva derche!

Yesterday we were rolling into work drunk and someone was like, "man we're gonna get in trouble..."

"nah, more like chewed out, I've been chewed out before"

Laughter then ensues.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Yea there were some good scenes with tension, and obviously it was a good movie but I dont know for some reason after watching it I felt like it was missing something. And i have to say

that the part with the girl sitting at the table with the nazi that killed her family what a load of crap. she was willing to kill all those nazis in the theater but for some reason she can compose herself infront of that guy? please just not at all realistic, which tarintinos charecters usually are he makes them act the way you would think the would.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
that the part with the girl sitting at the table with the nazi that killed her family what a load of crap. she was willing to kill all those nazis in the theater but for some reason she can compose herself infront of that guy? please just not at all realistic, which tarintinos charecters usually are he makes them act the way you would think the would.

Wasn't it because she thought the guy remembered her and would recognize her? Then expose her, kill her, etc.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Wasn't it because she thought the guy remembered her and would recognize her? Then expose her, kill her, etc.

ahem.
He knew it was her... he ordered a glass of Milk, and she "HAD TO WAIT FOR THE CREAM!" she was hiding at a dairy farm. Hans was toying with her, he even went very stern at one point and said something to the effect of "i must ask you a very important question", then stared at her and smiled and said "i forget! He didn't want to give her away because she was the date of a famous German.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Inglorious children of Illegitimate marriages.

New Name. Totally sending that to the Film-Makers.

Did you notice in the pub in the basement the beer was like full then half full then full and going back and forth?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was really just not that happy with the movie in general, when I look back at it, because it was rather boring.

It needs a new side-plot.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The title is so annoying :/
Inglorious bastards would be a better choice >_>

I actually never noticed this until just now.

But Inglourious is also spelled wrong. It has a U which normally is not there. (So I actually mispelled the thread title)

Oh that Tarantino.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ehem. Finally saw it.
It was good.

The Evolved Panda Commandant rates Inglourious Basterds: [8.5/10]
Great and funny throughout the film. Interesting concept, funny acting and characters that played their parts well, awesome fight scenes, and filmmaking-wise, it was done excellently. Christoph Waltz was scary; nice acting there. Movie was suspenseful, timing and everything was great. The violence was as expected from Tarantino, so can't say much about that heh. All in all, a nice movie to watch.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
A great movie.
One thing good about QT movies... the dialogues/script.
The characters never stop talking. :)

Not for those who hate dramas though.
Not as much violence as QT's previous.

8/10

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Hm, The tavern seen had decent parts, but when they're just doing small talk and playing cards, I found that extremely boring

Apart from the fact that the "small talk" is in fact the whole rising action and, put simply, the rest of the story building up. And the constant tension, wondering whether or not they will die, because they might at any given moment.

Yea, definitely boring. Enough to keep me on the edge of my seat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.