RPG Legacy of Argos Orpg

Scorpions

Reaction score
Hey Scorpions
I tried it out. Just one problem I see. When your attacking and if they already have the buff and you attack again and you add it again it creates another special effect. And the original one never goes away.

Oh, stupid error. I will work in it tomorrow, sorry.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Hey, is the third person camera working? If not, I could implement it into your map if you gave me then source (for the third person camera) and your current map.
I won't take any from the map without permission :)

obucke

Reaction score
These stupid caves r soo fukin hard to draw !!! :p
anyway, tell me how do the walls look like ? the little part (i drew 10 times over) in the left part of the photo ..
I STILL DONT LIKE IT , but i just dont have the patience anymore ... :(

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
RifleMan Spells

I have made these two spells (see attached map) for the rifleman, take a look at them and tell me if that is somewhat what you're looking for with that Hero.

All the spells are MUI, however i did not bother making it extremely easy to implement them, as long as you know what raw codes are, and how to identify them in a trigger it should be rather easy. Instructions on How to alter the damage of the spell are in the triggers as comments.

EDIT: Of course if you want me to, i can make it easier for you to import the spells, just tell me if its too confusing.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Thank you for the rifle man skills they are really good!
Also a add on for also what I want for rifleman skills are traps.
The map is going good!'

But one problem
I have a weather system that changes every 120sec
Depending on the weather you get a certain buff
like if its sunny you get a +1 atk (just for example)
I have the ability have the buff but in game it only shows the +1 to the attack and not the buff....
How do I fix this?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
:S I have no idea.
I didn't think this kinda of thing actually happens. Did you base the skill off and aura and give it to some guy whose suppose to control the weather? Or did you base it off, say, Item Attack Damage Bonus? I recommend basing it off an aura and giving it to a unit somewhere in the center of the map.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
hello!
i have a trigger that is suppose to when you click Equipment in your inventory you switch to see what oyu have equiped and then you could go back to your inventory.

Problem is:
When I click Equipment it works everything comes up. But when i click go back to inventory everything disapears.

here is the code please look at it!

Trigger:
  • Switch
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Equipment
    • Actions
      • Set Item1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1)
      • Set Item2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2)
      • Set Item3[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3)
      • Set Item4[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4)
      • Set Item5[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5)
      • Set Item6[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 6)
      • Item - Remove Item1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Item - Remove Item2[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Item - Remove Item3[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Item - Remove Item4[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Item - Remove Item5[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Item - Remove Item6[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Hero - Create Weapon Slot and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Item - Make (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1) Undroppable
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • Wielding_Shield[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Item_Type_Shield[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Item - Make (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2) Undroppable
        • Else - Actions
          • Hero - Create Side Arm Slot and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Item - Make (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2) Undroppable
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • Wielding_Armor[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Item_Type_Armor[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Item - Make (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3) Undroppable
        • Else - Actions
          • Hero - Create Armor Slot and give it to (Triggering unit)
          • Item - Make (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3) Undroppable
      • Hero - Create |cff000000BlockedSlot|r and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create |cff000000BlockedSlot|r and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create Back to Inventory and give it to (Triggering unit)

Trigger:
  • Switch2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Back to Inventory
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 1)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 2)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 3)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 4)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 5)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot 6)
      • Hero - Create (Item-type of Item1[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create (Item-type of Item2[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create (Item-type of Item3[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create (Item-type of Item4[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create (Item-type of Item5[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Hero - Create (Item-type of Item6[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]) and give it to (Triggering unit)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
You should not store the item in the variable Item1, Item2 etc. You should store the item type, that would be more efficient, you will not have to retrieve the item type later. Also, I believe the variable Item1 becomes equal to nothing when you remove the item, its like removing a unit from the game, its gone.
To solve the problem, just store the item type.
Also, you could have made the code much more efficient. You can combine the Item1, Item2 etc. into one variable with Max Players * 6 arrays. That way, you can refer to Item1 as (Player Number Of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))+1, Item2 as (Player Number Of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))+2 and so on. That way, you can use an integer loop (don't use For Each Integer A/B, use for each integer variable and use your own loop variable for less bugs).
Then it will be like:
For each LoopInteger between 1 to 6, do actions
blahblahblah Item[((Player Number Of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))+LoopInteger)]

LoopInteger is an integer variable that takes a value (starting from 1 to 6) each time the loop runs. You can also do the same thing for the shield and weapon thing, use one variable and a loop. The Remove Item In Slot can also be done in the same way. That way, your triggers would be much cleaner and easier to edit :)

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Wow Thanks A bunch dude! I mean for the Integer LOop part. I fixed the Item part I just made it that it drops it and moves it. And now it works fine.
+rep

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Looks like a nice RPG.
Terrain seems good, don't think you really need someone to terrain for you now. Only thing is to maybe vary the trees more, since I only see one tree type so far.

I don't like how heroes get spells set on their levels, so all people of the same class will generally be the same. Like level 3 every hero of that class gets that, level 4 you get that, level 6 you get that, etc. Player choice is better, or at least like at that level you get 2 or 3 choices.

Do you need more ideas for the spells? Since there are lot of blanks there... :D
Beta anytime soon? Can't wait for this, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Lath

Reaction score
HOw far is the progress of the map??? since you havn't updated the first post since may 28th

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.