New Age of Warcraft

F

Forum Ghost

More Pictures

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/TroopsFrontHuman.jpg A Human army, standing in lines, awaiting the call for battle.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/TroopsSideHuman.jpg The same army, from a side view, so you can see the Dwarven Special Forces in the back.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/FrontalBarrier.jpg The cool think about Plantations is that they increase your food, and they also have more life and armor. They make great walls, and when you stick Shock Towers between them, they become very effective walls indeed. Just remember that Shock Towers are more for anti-melee, so put a few Guard Towers behind the Shocks.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/TheHeartoftheCity.jpg Towers can even help the heart of your city. There's only 3 towers here, but they're still useful. During the day, the Apollo's Wrath and Sniper tower keep the Peasents and Blood Elf Engineers safe, while the Moonlight Tower takes over for the Apollo's Warth during the night.

Boo

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
seriously alexander, why are u the forum ghost now?

F

Forum Ghost

Clarification

Let's clarify something, right now.

Alexander didn't just drop the map. He's still working on it, and I'm helping him. He left the forum because of a personal problem. I am not "Alexander", I'm a friend of his. Ask your mod dudes about that, I'm sure they can find out.

I took the pictures to sort of hype the map. And to keep HIM interested in doing it. And because I like the map.

So there, that's out of the way.

F

Forum Ghost

Problem & Naga

Actually, there's a little problem with the Earth Spirit one. When you go to build it, you see the Tauren Totem's building sequence, like you should. The only problem is it starts off HUGE! Then, gradually, it slows down. We have no idea why, but I think he's going to change it to undead building, and see how that works out. Also, that adds to the idea that the totems are summoned by the elementals of the...elements. But I'm not sure. As for it looking cool, it's pretty cool for now. You barely notice a change in the begining, except unless you have a ton of money and can build the towers. I think the biggest change is going to be the Naga race, because people will have surprises left and right for that race, in the beginning and end. I also think Alexander's coming back after he incorporates the Naga into the game. But don't get your hopes too high.

F

Forum Ghost

New Totems

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/Totems.jpg

In order to combat the annoying building thing of the Earth Spirit, and also because the Wyvern Claw looked SO out of place, we changed those two skins. Check it out, it looks a lot cooler now. And the Wyvern Claw was renamed as the Wind Totem.

On a lighter note, Alexander fixed a few button positions, because they weren't right, and everything looked really messy. I think that's going to be the last part of Beta 3, redoing all the button positions so they look cleaner.

Now, onto those Undead towers!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
New Naga Preview

Please view the new Naga Preview on page 1 to see some awesome new pictures.

Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

F

Forum Ghost

Naga is the Next Beta

For right now, we're not doing anything with the Naga. Alexander just wanted to spice up the preview a bit, since it's going to be a huge project. For the most part, we're almost completely redoing the Naga techtree with new units, spells, the works. But for now, we gotta finish these towers! They're a lot more work and a lot more boring then you'd think...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
So you ended up using the big naga dudes :)

Looks pretty good so far :D

Let me know if you want a skin job done.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Wow this is so professional haha. I love the first page, how it's all layed out like the preview of an upcoming blizzard title or something. Great job on that. Now I can see why so many people are interested in this, 'cause it sure as hell caught my attention. :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Haha yes lol one of the most popular game - previewing threads lol :p.

Um, I can still post my ideas here, right ghost?

DM Cross

Reaction score
About the preview:

Remember, it's only a preview. I'd be spoiling all the fun of playing it if I showed you the new stuff already.

Thank you for the compliment, Malice. I do try to keep people informed on what I'm doing. How else are they going to know what I'm doing?

Yes, Shadowy, since I'm no longer using the thread to get ideas about Beta 3, you may post any idea about any topic.

Thank you
Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

DM Cross

Reaction score
Update

I've finally finished the Towers! Now, once my Beta testers get back, I'll be able to play it a lot and work out all the bugs, but for now, ON TO BETA 4.0! :D

Beta 4.0
As most of you know (and have been waiting for ;)) Beta 4.0 means a new race added to the NAoW family. The Naga. For right now, I'm accepting ANY ideas for the Naga army: Heroes, units, spells, buildings, towers, anything is allowed! Me and my two best creative minds are currently planning out a theme to the race, so we don't know what will and will not fit with the race theme.

Thank you!
Alexander
-Waiting in a New Age-​

-By the way-

Anyone like the new Avatar? ;)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Bump...

It's a little sad how the biggest thread in this forum hits page 2 in a day, because of all the crap posts in here.

Alexander

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Most popular to least lol what a cliche :p

Lets see here:

Murloc Tidepool: trains the basic units, which are murlocs. The only units available early on. Here they are:

Murloc Murader: most basic unit, less than footman or ghoul, but cheap and easy to mass, and quite agile for their cost.

Murloc Stalker: a slightly better unit, with shadowmeld, increased attack

Murloc Cannibal (tier two): a vicious warrior with the lust for blood. Every 20 seconds, he goes beserk and attacks the nearest corpse, consuming it and gaining hp. If there are no corpses, he'll attack the nearest unit, regardless of friend/foe status. Has a personal vampiric aura type of thing, but gets more out of it from allies -_-.Starts out with weak version of cannibilize; it not only destroys the corpse and gives the cannibal hp, but leaves parasites in the body, which decays into the ground; basically a disease cloud. He can gain an ability called Flesheaten Terror; he targets an unarmored type enemy, then rips their face off and eats it. Ouch. Only available at tier three (the upgrade lol :p). The ability works on allies as well, so this is a good anti traitor unit -_-_-_-_-

Murlock Invader: the best murloc unit yet :D hes average size, but has a tough hide and a quick attack, as well as agility (all murlocks are agile in fact) and a high attack damage. Alone, they can be brought down without much damage, but when you start massing them --- watch out! :p They have the ability Pounce; they jump forward onto the nearest enemy, stunning the enemy, and then they slice them up with their knives doing a random amount of damage to the victim.

Murlock Infecter: available at tier three, this is a parasite based mage --- of terror! A very unique mage, adept at damaging units. His attack is to shoot little carnivorous parasites onto enemy units, dealing damage over time and slowing their speed/hp regeneration. His starting ability is bad enough ---- infect, which summons a large parasite in the form of a worm, which can then infect other units and if they die while infected, the chain begins anew. It has minimal attack as well. At level four, two abilities become available. One is virus, which is an AoE based spell with a pathetically small AoE, and yet any units caught in the affect catch a deadly disease, which after 20 seconds, if not cured, rips the units afflicted to shreds, dealing massive damage for 60 seconds. It would take a fountain of life and a couple healers to save the unit, as it is uncurable after the initial 20 seconds. When it dies, it explodes, releasing hundreds of virus particles to start the cycle again. Use it on a peasant and they will be left wondering how the corpses got there :). The second ability is called Heart Of Darkness; a parasite living INSIDE the infecter is let loose (more patrioism lol) by the infector on HIMSELF ( the parasite is what gives him his abilties anyhow ) and he dies within moments, suffering massive damage loss. When he dies, whoever, the parasite is unleashed; it starts out small, with 500 hp out of 4000, but has a rapid regeneration rate, can infect units, and when it dies, it releases a bunch of mini parasites that can infect units and start the mini parasite life cycle over. This is a very devastating spell if used correctly lol. The parsites for ALL of his stuff should do extra damage to spell casters, and leach away their magic. The infector himself is very fragile (the parasite that dwells within him) but can annilihate packs of enemy units if used properly. The last ability of his should cost all his mana, and quite a lot of gold to research, and the parasite monster should have 60 seconds to live :p and maybe life steal :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.