New Age of Warcraft

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Shall we test it later? It seems that you have made numerous changes, and I'd like to test it in a one versus one with you.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If I'm not making more towers! :D Hell, maybe later we'll get a good game going with Shadowy and/or Marksman in it, too...

But I warn you, only the Humans have most of their towers, and they're not done yet. The Orc towers don't follow their techtree at all, as I made the techtree yesterday AFTER testing those towers I've made.

That's what happens when you Beta test something when the Beta's not done yet -.-

Alexander

-Wow...-

On a side note, I'd like to say thanks for all the support, guys! :) This thread has the MOST replies of ANY thread in the WE forums, and is THIRD in most views! :D I'm...Really flattered, lol...Thanks guys. It means a lot.

Alexander
All I have to say is wow...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is that this has been viewed more than the Forum Rules topic.

:eek:

:D :D

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Well, it's not that bad. I personally do not read the rules every day, but I have read this many times.

M

Marksman

Credited in map = cool
If you need any suggestions with extra naga units and tiers or such just let use know. You're gonna have more than one custome hero per race right? I'm thinking like 3 or 4, Shadowy could definitely supply you with ideas. As for creeps why not use fel orcs or something? Also, i know im being picky, but it would be nice to see more new units, not just one per race (still beta i know)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Marksy, don't worry. NAoW still has many new beta's ahead. :)

Yes, there will be more heroes.

Yes, there will be at least 2 more units. After that, I don't know.

The Naga aren't even close to up yet, but soon, after I get the Tower bases set up, and move them into the techtrees, I'm going to start planning out the Naga techtree. I may make a different thread for it, and then post the link here when I start Beta 4.0...Or I may just discuss it with my main testers, Shadowy, and Marksman. Not sure yet.

As it is, I'm going to be a little busy, Friday's are the days I actually do something outside of the house ;) So I'm going to work until then, unless someone distracts me.

Alexander
Working, get lost! :p

-After some changes-

I changed a few things...

The Howl is now specified to Allied and Friendly, so I hope it won't effect enemies anymore :p

I changed a few numbers in Shadow Jaunt and Dark Rest, so you can't rest a unit as much, but it costs less mana. Also, Jaun lasts a little longer, but the cooldown is 10 for all 3 levels. I left Nightmare as it is, but I may change it to a DoT spell. Life draining wouldn't make sense because the Shadow Mage isn't stealing life force in any way.

I don't know what you mean by adding effects to the Bard spells. They all have buffs, I'm looking at them right now...

Rune of Blasting can now only target Organic units. So it shouldn't be able to target any structures.

That's it for now...Let me know after you guys play again if you find anything else! :D Now, back to those damn towers...

-The Two Racial Comments-

By the way, about the Night Elves: So far, all they have is their new tier, new building, and new unit. Oh, and their casters have new spells. But no, I haven't started on their towers yet, the poor shadow addicts are last in line all the time ;)

As for the Humans, what do you mean is the Blanket of Magic all they do? They can train Bards, get 2 new spells, and have a ton of new towers! Lol, of COURSE they do more! But if you mean does the Magocracy's Blanket ability heal, well, no, it shouldn't. It's meant for MANA. But that's been giving me a problem, next time you play, if you're Human, check and let me know ;)

-Credits-

I'll update the credits in a second, guys :) Then you'll seem them, the next time I give Marksman the map for you two to play ;) Oh, and don't forget to not get confused with the maps...Delete the old ones when I give you a new one! :D

Alexander
Wow, that was a long one...

-Bah-

Ok, I'm not 100% sure why, but Howl keeps affecting the wrong side. I think it's because I based it off of "Howl of Terror", so I may have to go searching for a new spell to base it from...

Also, for some ODD reason, the Druids of the Paw change colors when they unmorph themselves...No idea why, going to have to work on that.

The Information menu now holds everything you see on the front page, as far as information about the gameplay.

Alexander
Damn bugs -.-

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Lol :) this is a very popular thread, says something to you doesnt it :D

As for the hero ideas ---

you could gather up all of my hero ideas and create the most massive RPG ever lol :p.

And for the blast rune, it for some reason DID work against buildings. Wasnt terribly effective but I could still blast them into oblivion (over time lol). For the bard, I simply meant that when you play magic, you cant tell which units are affected aside from clicking on each one lol! Just add some cool art so we know whos who lol :D! The spells themselves work fine, just the art that isnt there lol :D

The rune msitress 's blast spell doesnt do much damage, but the cooldown is short enough so that you can blast and blast and blast lol :D

Could you add a tiny bit of splash to it? I mean, I would think that a blast spell would actually 'blast' other units around it, not just blast and then keep the energy focused on one unit lol :p

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
This thread is like the opposite of mine... Rinpun and I are in like desperate need of even a bit of feedback, and the only person who has even said anything is SF.

BUT I must admit Alexander, this map sounds awesome, let me know if I can help out in any tests, I'd love to. :)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
I know, I dont get it, your map sounds really fun ... I was even thinking of doing something very similiar to it before :D :p! So people, please check out malices thread, malice kings and kingdoms, it is a VERY promising game :D.Lol, I try and give feedback to everyone lol :) thats why Im the idea guy ;)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I promise I'll check out the other thread.

As for those looking to download the map, you can't yet. It's being worked on right now and only me and three other people have it. They've been given orders not to let it out to anyone. These are my picked beta testers, and I trust them.

For right now, I'm in a bad mood, so do NOT think I'm doing work right, because I'm not. (Special Members, beware, I'm soon going to make a thread in our forum about the particular problem) However, if you want to post an idea, you are always welcome, and will never be chided for it (made fun of, damn my massive readings)

Alexander
If you don't master your anger, your anger will master you...I should know...
-Blood Mage

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Weve been given orders to do wha - ? Ummm ... about that ....

:p :p :p Just kidding :D

Lol --- wait a second; do we (special members) have our own forum?

Alexander said:
Special Members, beware, I'm soon going to make a thread in our forum about the particular problem

If so, then how come nobody ever told me about it LOL :p!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Bottom of the list of forums should be "The Staff Room", Shadowy...We have ONE forum to ourselves (except for the Mods and Admins)...I posted it all in there, read it if you give a crap.

Alexander

-Actually giving a crap about this stupid game-

And for the blast rune, it for some reason DID work against buildings. Wasnt terribly effective but I could still blast them into oblivion (over time lol).

I know what you meant. Do you mean the newest version, or the time you played with Marks right after I left? Because I don't know if I've changed it or not since then, I'd have to check with Marks, I can't remember for crap right now. (Yes, I realize I'm saying crap a lot, it's keeping me from swearing my rear end off...)

For the bard, I simply meant that when you play magic, you cant tell which units are affected aside from clicking on each one lol! Just add some cool art so we know whos who lol ! The spells themselves work fine, just the art that isnt there lol

Um, sure, if you can suggest what art you'd like to go with what spell...I haven't put any thought to it, yet, though...

The rune msitress 's blast spell doesnt do much damage, but the cooldown is short enough so that you can blast and blast and blast lol

That's nice. Is this a complaint, statement, or what? If you think it's imbalanced, then how? I remember saying somewhere that I'm not great with balancing numbers and stuff, so you'd have to tell me. That's why you're one of my main tester dudes ;)

Could you add a tiny bit of splash to it? I mean, I would think that a blast spell would actually 'blast' other units around it, not just blast and then keep the energy focused on one unit lol

Um, name a spell that does direct damage with a splash, and I'll consider it...Or tell me how to add a splash to it without making 3 units around the target have to take full damage. Either/or works for me...

Alexander
Anything else?

-Shadowy-

If you want, I wouldn't mind testing some more. We can get a list of crap I need to fix, and then I'll do it when I've calmed down...

Alexander
Again

DM Cross

Reaction score
Conan's the other tester, tested with him earlier today. I beat him, too ;) Orc V Orc.

Yes, I told you both not to go hosting the map all over Bnet, duh! -.- Am I going to regret giving it to you?! :p

Alexander
Damn nonsensical posters! ;)

DM Cross

Reaction score
EMM Maps

Naturally, if you've read the front page, you know that an EMM is exactly what NAoW is: A melee map, expanded past the expansion. I've noticed at least 2 other people doing maps like this, and I just want to say, wow! :D Both people used NAoW as a reference for sparking their ideas, and let me tell you, I feel pretty good about that! I may have even sparked a new type of map ;) Anyway, if anyone ever gets the idea to do an EMM, and wants ideas, information about some of the stuff in NAoW, you can PM me and I'll give you what information I can. Just so you know ;)

Alexander
Wow, that's so awesome! :D

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Only one person came to the game when I hosted it on Public (accidental) and I booted him before he downloaded it. I haven't hosted it with anyone else, (Except myself and a few bots) so no worries there.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
I cant host on battlenet anyways lol :p so no worries there, and Im still groping my way around this site (couldnt even find the staff room lol :p) so no worries from me either :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Not worried at all. :) You guys are my testers because I trust you three the most out of everyone.

Anyway, a little update: I actually got some work done (at 4am) and 3 new Orc Towers are done: The Goblin Tower, the Totem of Might, and the Elemental Totem are all built. Next I just have to make the 4 elemental towers, and ta da, done with Orc towers. I may post a picture of the techtree later, just so everyone gets an idea of what they look like. And for fun ;)

Alexander

DM Cross

Reaction score
Postponement Notice

Due to personal issues of the creator, this project is under current and possible permenant postponement. Please hold all posts, or just PM them to me. I'll reply whenever I can, but don't get your hopes too high.

Alexander

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.