Post a Replay - Recieve some feedback! [TERRAN]

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanna take some time to help out anyone that might be having some trouble in 1v1 games. If you post a replay I'll take a look and tell you what you did wrong, what you could have done, why you lost, etc. :thup: I'm a Terran player so I won't be able to look at Zerg / Toss replays. Sorry!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Voted this for Sticky. I'm starting on packing my luggage on my way to SC2 freedom. I'll see you guys next week. We need more of these threads, where we could give feedback on plays.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
ooh il so be posting replays especially considering im shit at terran. shit at 1v1 for that matter :D
il start saving all my replays from now on, only been saving the cool/epic games.

now to get toss and zerg players' help too :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll have one of these for Protoss... Eventually. :p

> Voted this for Sticky.
How did you do that? :eek:

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I would post one but right now, I'm on a winning streak. I got 8 wins in a row in 1v1. I'm in platinum playing other platinum players so that feels pretty nice.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanna take some time to help out anyone that might be having some trouble in 1v1 games. If you post a replay I'll take a look and tell you what you did wrong, what you could have done, why you lost, etc. :thup: I'm a Terran player so I won't be able to look at Zerg / Toss replays. Sorry!

What's your league and win/loss? Wouldn't it be kinda counter-productive if you gave tips to someone better than you?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Very well, then I can give toss feedback criticism, and high school creativity.

-Diamond League solo 27 wins 16 losses, could be less if my cousins didn't play.
- Platnium 2's,(only cause I don't play 2s much)
- 3's Silver

Oninuva

Reaction score
I'm in bronze, just worked my way out of copper, so pretty good? :p :p :p

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about the very long delay.

After two weeks of playing, not counting college and other activites, I have seemed to reached a bottleneck.

If anyone is willing to do it, I would like for some criticisms about my build. I don't know, but I've always practice with AIs, and still can't beat them. My initial guess is my build is full of errors. I have sticked to this build for some time now.

And yes, I can tell you, I'm way behind almost everyone. :p

Current Score: 0 Wins, 53 Losses.

Attachments

• Need Improvements.SC2Replay
    25.6 KB · Views: 207

Oninuva

Reaction score
After two weeks of playing, not counting college and other activites, I have seemed to reached a bottleneck.

If anyone is willing to do it, I would like for some criticisms about my build. I don't know, but I've always practice with AIs, and still can't beat them. My initial guess is my build is full of errors. I have sticked to this build for some time now.

And yes, I can tell you, I'm way behind almost everyone. :p

Current Score: 0 Wins, 53 Losses.

Just watched your replay.

You opened with 10 supply / 12 rax which is pretty standard but then you had 12 gas which is a little early. You opted for early reactor which is not gas heavy at all, only using 50 so there's no reason for the early refinery. Your orbital command was also late, going at (16/17 is preferred as you have the extra minerals even after getting a 2nd rax.)

Your build placement is poor as well, with the barracks on the far edge and and a second barracks behind it, you really leave no room for tanks or units to shoot down if they do choose to go up the ramp. The bunker should be closest to the edge as possible as well, preferably where the barracks was so your able to shoot further (7 range with a marine).

Another problem was that your production stopped on all your structures every now and then, your production was great when they attacked you but then it was slow before and after the attack. Your also very heavy on gas build up which happens a lot with terran when they go marine heavy.

Why not try opting for some more upgrades such as an earlier stim & shield? +1 weapon damage on terran infantry is also a huge boost to DPS as well. Your building placement is kind of messy, I don't recommend walling in against anything but a zerg for some security or if you feel an early protoss push. Against terran, they'll be able to bomb your buildings with tanks and you won't be able to hit him.

Scouting is also very important, you need to know when the opponent expands, what their army composition is, etc. Remember, even if their army numbers is a lot higher than yours, information goes a long way, if you know when they move out, send a medivac in the back and make a drop on mineral lines, etc and you'll do huge damage to their economy.

The Xel'Naga watch towers are also very important, especially with a tank heavy build. You'll want to be able to push out and expand before your enemy and by knowing where they are, a couple tanks can hold off any push. The most important thing with tanks is that they are restricted by sight, they have huge range (13) but their sight is low. By adding a viking or medivac into your army, you'll give your tanks the sight they need.

I believe you have a basic outline of your build order, your going for a marine/tank build. Try to work out an exact build order and work on refining that.

10/supply
12/barracks
13/refinery (3 on gas when completed)
16/17 orbital
18/supply
factory on first 100 gas
2nd refinery
tech lab on factory
siege tank
siege tech

From there you can fast expand to your natural with that one tank or if you feel more comfortable with just one base play, then a star port & second barracks. You should be building tank & marine non-stop and when your star port is complete, get your first viking and you should be able to push on that first viking. You want to make sure to scout before you attack and see what kind of damage you can do. If the opponent is keeping to his base, siege down outside his base and try to contain him while you keep rallying reinforcements and push into his base.

Try and master this one build and then work on refining it, adapting it, etc. Once you get it down, you'll be familiar with timings, build order, and most important macro'ing.

Have you tried the 3x rax bio build?

It's basically a 10/supply 12/barracks build with 2 more barracks. You only need one gas and from two barrack's you have marauders and 1 reactor marine. Early upgrades & early push. It's very powerful against anyone who doesn't mass tier one units and it's relatively simple.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Me and my friend. I think I did OK, he (the terran) could use some tips.

Attachments

• thnet.SC2Replay
    97.3 KB · Views: 210

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Me and my friend. I think I did OK, he (the terran) could use some tips.

I can give feedback on both you and the terran
Terran:
Not Enough SCVS the whole game
Nothing but marines the whole game.
Stim came too slowly
His Supply depot and Barracks came late.
He didn't get a factory until the end.
He didn't expand quickly enough.
No air units.
Not enough scouting.
Not enough marines when you attacked.
Had too many unspent resources even though his economy was down in the drain.
No supply depot near the rocks for scouting.
Not enough expansions
Let the mutalisks harass.
No units on the xel naga tower

You the protoss:
No control groups(number groups e.g. 1,2,3)
Got a forge for upgrades.
2 gateways for the first 10 minutes or so
No units to defend against a 12 pool or 14 pool.
Didn't expand enough.
Couldn't expend resources quickly.
Didn't get a robotics facility until you attacked
didn't get enough units to attack
didn't get blink
didn't get phoenixes for mutalisk(one of you needed real aa)
didn't get immortals while attacking
Didn't chronoboost quickly
Didn't scout with observer.
Only one attempt at attacking
didn't tech much.
Used charge with 7 zealots.
Didn't make use of rocks for backdoor entrance.
unaware of their expos.
made a pylon at 9 food without another prob one the queue.
No vision for the dark templars except towers.
Not enough immortals for ultralisk or stalkers.
Not enough zealots for stalkers.
Did not make use of the nexus' energy(no control group says it all)
Did not make pylons near orange minerals to scout for expansion.
Focused too much on upgrades early game.

The list goes on,
Silver to bronze league play, the enemies were silver most likely in the silver league.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Okay well here it goes!

The first thing I noticed is that he stopped SCV production at 9 supply. That's acceptable if he was going for early gas -> reaper build but he was not.

The second thing is that he waited until he had way over 300 minerals to put down his first supply depot, still at 9 supply. It's crucial to continue SCV production throughout the game. At 10 supply, he took his first gas, with around 150 minerals surplus, that's a result from delaying the SCVs and supply depot.

At 11 supply, he begins first barracks production but still has well over 150 minerals. Once again, that's due to delay in production/build order. He spends a lot of time not actually building SCVs as well.

He also opts for early gas but does not utilize any of the gas. He has 3 barracks without any tech labs and uses his orbital command for a scan instead of a mule which is acceptable on a situational basis but not recommended until after the 3rd mule.

His barracks are also not in production for large periods of time, that's due to having no minerals, which is a result in a lack of SCV production.

You guys had vision of his stalkers which was good, but your ally didn't change tech or tech at all. A pure marine force by itself is decent but if you add in medivac's, marauders, or ghosts, the power of the attack force increases exponentially.

The main reason you guys lost was due to being out produced though, while you guys were on the attack, there was no production from either of you. To be successful in an attack, you don't kill the opponent in one swift blow, it's to be able to attack or defend again after dealing damage to him. You need to be warping in units non-stop and spending your resources. Resources not spent is a unit not built and having a surplus of resources does you no good.

Your friend could use a decent build order, there's many for him to try out and it's up to him to choose one that he's comfortable with.

Here's some basic strategies;

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Terran_Strategy

While no build order / strategy guarantees a win, the beginning of a game is crucial to the outcome. There's a lot that can be cleaned up from the early game and if he works on that, you'll be a lot more solid of a team.

Seeing how he likes to use marines, a marine/ghost/medivac build would fit his playstyle as well as a marine/tank/viking or marine/marauder/medivac.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is good enough for me to post a replay. It fits the topics perfectly, so it shouldn't count as a bump or whatever.

I wanted some feedbacks on my first ever win. I have attached my replay below. I'm Terran, versus a Protoss player, and I was wondering if my build is more robust or not?

Also, I did a similar build against Hard AI, without using Drops and abusing AI flaws. Just direct battles and kept teching up. I wondered if this build is more stronger than normal?

Thank you.

EDIT: My account name is Tom.

Attachments

• My First Win.SC2Replay
    44.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Against Hard AI (Direct Approach).SC2Replay
    24.7 KB · Views: 194

Speedlink

Reaction score
I have one long replay, to be honest i don't think it's the best but it's something. I was pretty noob there :D

Attachments

• Scrap Station.SC2Replay
    76.7 KB · Views: 183
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.