Release Date?

EpicFlux

Reaction score
The set date is October 1st, 2008 as of now, but we all know blizzard is infamous for pushing dates back :(

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
The whisper is after WOW realises it's “next part..... Leach’s wrath” so after then my guess a month after that or less

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
The set date is October 1st, 2008 as of now, but we all know blizzard is infamous for pushing dates back :(
Can you give a link to where blizzard said that? And don't send me to some fansite with a made up article and fake release date... I've allready seen plenty of those. >_<

EpicFlux

Reaction score
lol it was on Amazon for awhile but then they removed it. And go look around at like EB Games or something. I asked around and thats the current street date. Along with two others. 1 being in november and the other in december. So basically somewhere towards the end of 2008, early 2009. But if they can they will probably shoot for end of 2008 for the Holidays.

And truthfully I have seen bits and pieces of the game. One of my fathers friends work at blizzard as part of a QA Tester. He said the game is nearing the Closed Beta stage so the game is getting close to completion.

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
According to EB games they are shipping it out on December 3rd 2008 if you preorder.
Official pricing and release dates have not been announced by Blizzard. Price and release date listed are estimates only and subject to change. Worry Free Guarantee - if the price decreases between the time you place your preorder and the release date, you’ll receive the lower of the two.

Then again it also says that :D

EpicFlux

Reaction score
I actually went to the EB Game where I lived and asked heheh. Either way its gonna be probably somewhere towards the end of the year. Holiday sale :)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Question: Will Starcraft 2 be released internationally on that same day of the US release? Like, for Korea, Japan, China, ROC, Thailand, etc.

EpicFlux

Reaction score
I think they're probably gonna release it in either USA or Korea first, haven't heard much on a global release.
Expect USA first since this is where the game is developed.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally, such major games are released simultaneously all around the world.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Starcrat 2 Release Date

I will receive my copy of Starcraft 2 in the mail via Best Buy on December 3rd, 2008. Yes it's official.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Official?

Unless Blizzard says it, that's just Best Buy's estimate.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Best Buy is more official then Blizzard.. look at their company worth xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.