Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
LOL, it's become a trend to try to be my cover artist? Sweet :D I'm so damn popular :cool: :shades:

Anyway, you'll all be happy to know that I've started re-reading all the other chapters. You see, that is part of the process of my writing :D I need to read the previous chapters and get a feel for the next one.

Once I start writing it in my mind, I map out the scenes. Then I detail it a bit more and a bit more and eventually I just get online for 3 hours or so and ta da, new chapter! :D

This has been a sneak peek of "behind the scenes with Alexander" :p

By the way for all you cover artist wanna-be's :D My pen name is Seth E. Cericus.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Seth E. Cericus, got it ^_^.

I've sketched out a pretty decent Vampire, just need to get it scanned in and used :p.

(As I've said alot, I'm just doing this for fun, but it would be cool if one of them were used :p).

~Jindo

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Definitely. I like seeing cover art, so I encourage any attempts at it :p

Yea, so far the story's been getting pretty good Alexander. Keep it up :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I certainly won't drop it ;) Metaphorically or otherwise.

BTW, in case no one noticed, chapters 1-11 are all now on Post 1 again. Chapter 1-5 is all one document, since I can only attach 8 attachments to 1 post. Gah! Rules -.- :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Jindo said:
Do as I suggested before, or save even more space and host the .ZIP file on somewhere like www.rapidshare.de :cool:.

Why? My way worked perfectly. 5 DLs turned into 1, thus, I have a lot more room for the others.

When I get too many again, I stick 6-10 into one .doc file and ta da. More room. So long as I don't have over 40 chapters, which I won't, I shouldn't have a problem.

Z

Zero R.

Aha! Now, I know your real name, Mr...Cericus.

God damn, how would you pronounce that?

---

The story keeps on getting better, but I'm just getting started.

Whoever thought up the idea to start school at 7:40 in the morning deserves to be shot

Agreed.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Zero R. said:
Aha! Now, I know your real name, Mr...Cericus.

God damn, how would you pronounce that?

Cer - Ser
i - Like the "i" sound in "it"
Cus - Cuss

Zero R. said:
The story keeps on getting better, but I'm just getting started.

Thank you. I love seeing new readers. Don't hesitate to ask anything, my friends will tell you that I love to babble on and on about the story and stuff. It helps the writing process to think it outloud. Hell, sometimes I talk to myself about the book.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Good news for all:

I'm going to be writing again soon.

Thank you. That is all.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
*Pulls out a bag of confetti*

Now get to it :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
LOL... If it were that easy, I'd be done by now :D

No no, Rinny, my boy... I said I was GOING to start writing. As in, after I re-read chapters 9-11 or so a few times, get a picture of what I want chapter 12 to be, and THEN I start writing :D

Ah, yes... My characters :D I missed them, lol... It's... A little sad, I think.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I know what you was doing yesterday Alexander, it's all over the news. Now just cause it was the 666 doesn't mean you have to go around biting ppl :D

j/k

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Ahh..

If only we could put a collar on our muse.

Coming along nicely alex.

(just in case you care)

A nice trick I have discovered is to adopt the mindset of the characters, (like acting) speaking of which...

I was watching some documentary on black slaves one night and Samuel L Jackson came on, they showed him chatting away normally etc, then he read through his narrative, sat down and CHANGED, he stopped being Sam L, and became this black slave who was reminiscing about his little tumble with a female slave on another plantation, and how she was WELL worth the whipping he got when he was caught. It was truly spellbinding.

Back to the point... Often I found that when stuck, write down why you think you are stuck, then get someone to 'interview' your character (you), get them to jot down you answers.

Alex: why am I stuck? somethings not right here..adopts Relcons mindset

Interviewer: So Relcon thanks for coming in today, tell us what have you been up to since you were last seen racing through the woods?
Relcon: Hi, well its kind of a long story,
Interviewer: give us a summary then
Relcon: Well, it soon became clear that I was not going to catch my quarry, so I headed back home
Interviewer: Why? you surely could have found him.
Relcon: You must remember that at that point in time I was the hunter, but he lost me he could have hidden.
Interviewer: Exactly my point, surely searching around his tracks would have yielded something?
Relcon: At which point, my searching for him would have been focused, not on him, but his passage. He would have been free to observe me, gather his courage and plan something decidedly nasty for me.
Interviewer: So you became scared by his absence
Relcon: I was not scared, merely apprehensive, he has proved himself to be very resourceful, by NOT chasing him, I have forced him to remain the prey, because by NOT knowing where I AM, his prey mindset would still be in control, fearful of observation he would move at a much slower pace. Giving me time to replan my efforts safely and carry out other tasks.
Interviewer: And what other tasks might they be?
Relcon: well....

Sorry for the length. I got carried away. :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Is that Chapter 12 I see on Post 1?

Why yes... Yes, I believe it is.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Gah, and I don't have the confetti this time.

Well, grand job, I'll be reading it :p

Might want to combine 6-10 together as well to fit with the 1-5 thing.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I want someplace where there'smajor war. Like with wiches and vampires and lycans, oh my!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Might want to combine 6-10 together as well to fit with the 1-5 thing.

Was thinking that very thing when I noticed I had 8 DLs up, after chapter 12 was put up.

w/e said:
I want someplace where there'smajor war. Like with wiches and vampires and lycans, oh my!

I can't ruin the book for you, but I can tell you that there's going to be a fight.

And just wait for the last book of the series, Blood War. Almost the entire book is in a war-like scenario with Alexander as the leader of the Blood Forces (Vampires, Lycans, Witches, Gargoyles, Liches, and a multitude of other undead creations... It's really kick ass, the last battle, to see how much the world has evolved, and then to basically bring that entire "world behind the real world" environment to the surface and watch the reaction of humanity.)

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Sandra glanced over at the captive Lycan. He was still asleep, even after Alexander’s last journey through his memory. Sandra had been amazed that he still slept, but she has soon realized that the pain had probably knocked him out all over again. She highly doubted he was going to be walking around anytime soon.

had

Ouch, that sucks. Zaris needs to take a date with a large metal spike, right in the 13th chapter.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Holy shit.

Check out post 1! CAN IT BE?! HE DIDN'T!

Pft, yeah I did :cool: :shades:

PS~ I could only upload 8 files, so I'll compress 6-10 later and put 1-5 back up. Right now, I GOTTA GO!

Enjoy the new chapter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.