Should high schoolers go out with each other?

Should high school students have a boyfriend or girlfriend

• Yes totally

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Nope relationships are bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pie

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • cake

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
There are lots of ups and downs with hs dating, what do you think?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't see why not. It's one of the times in your life best for experimenting without much consequence.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Dating in high school is awesome and good. Remember that dating isn't the same as "Going steady". I do not agree with the 8th grade couples that swear they're going to get married and they're not even in highschool yet... I don't think highschoolers, or even younger, so go for "long term" relationships.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's a good experience. Filled with drama and sometimes even depression or 'heart breaks'. It's something we can learn from (and by 'can', it means that not everyone does). I've learned my fair share. I've been with my GF (that i met in HS) since March 09. Will I get married with her? Besides that I don't like the idea of marriage, I can't say. I feel comfortable with her, and like her very much. So one day at a time seems good enough.

However, I've met many couples that hook up (in high school or middle school) and take a turn for the worse. They get distracted from their studies. Or they learn bad habits, get pregnant, etc. But it's different for every person/couple.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
"Besides that I don't like the idea of marriage" :thup:

I personally don't feel like dating during high school, mainly because you probably will not see anyone you knew in high school in the college you go to unless by extreme coincidence, but, I also have no problems with other people doing it, if you want to do it, go at it

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Why not ? If they are interested in eachother, go out, after a few dates have sex, no relationship. <- How I roll + the best way things can work out Imo.

Why not a relationship ? Well, in a relationship ALWAYS one of the partners gets hurt. they may not show it, but it is just how things are. I have been in both cases- I didn't care too much when I broke her heart, but some time later when I got dumped I was a pafethic view for a coupple of days. Then I started being awesome again.

my 2 pennies.

Edit: I actually know a coupple that is my age and has been together since like... 3 years ago SO there can be some lasting relationships, so... I dunno, do what your heart tells you and have no regret i suppose. : )

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
I personally don't think its bad to date in HS me and my girlfriend have been dating for 16months. And i love her no doubt. But I dont think that people should get togeather just to use each other as sex toys and nothing else. Its just my opinion but shit like that shouldn't be happining in highschool, afterwards such do what you want. So I think its fine unless people just start getting togeather with 6+ different people a month just to have sex You should actually feel something towards the other person

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, dude, dude, I am not promoting having sex with 6+ different people in 1 month.

In high school that is a lot. Actually, it is a lot in any age group imo.

What I mearly wanted to say is that you don't need to be in a relationship in order to have sex and since a decent ammount of the relationships in all age groups are based arround sex I just wanted to say that you don't need to go as far as to be in a relationship with the girl.

I am glad to hear that you and your gal have been together for more then an year. All the best. : )

Also, is this thread just for dating or for relationships too ?

Zakyath

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with having sex with 6+ people on a month. As long as you're not telling anyone of them you'll be faithful..

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with having sex with 6+ people on a month. As long as you're not telling anyone of them you'll be faithful..

also as long as they are all clean from STD's and the like

edit: wtf cake > pie (that is on topic btw)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score

This is true. :D
I'm all for sleeping around, but I am completely against cheating. If you're going to cheat, just be a man and break it off first.

esb

Reaction score
Well, not telling you have 6 different partners a month isn't responsible. It could increase the chances of getting an STD/I. It's also not being faithful (if they expect sexual exclusivity), it's just them thinking you're faithful - but you're not.

Zakyath

Reaction score
You know when someone's expecting sexual exclusivity - and if you don't like it, this is the time to break it off, I agree. Anyway, if you hooked up with a girl at a party, I think you have every right to go meet someone else the next day.

Don't you have condoms in the states?!

esb

Reaction score
The questions is do we use condoms? :p

And usually, yes you know about the exclusivity, and of course party hook ups shouldn't be exclusive.

Nothing wrong with hooking up.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
just because there are condoms doesnt mean people use them >_>

I've hooked up with chicks at parties and raves, but NEVER have I ever been too high or drunk to not use one. It's not worth the risk, or the kid. haha :thdown:

The questions is do we use condoms? :p

And usually, yes you know about the exclusivity, and of course party hook ups shouldn't be exclusive.

Nothing wrong with hooking up.

Nothing wrong with hooking up if both parties, or everyone involved if you're getting crazy, are aware it's only for fun and not for a relationship. As long as you play it safe...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I really wished that we have that sort of idea here in the East.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.