System Status

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
how about spell resistance reduction? physical damage Amplify/reduction
See Damage.

Why does the example map have only one example function?
Stun all units for 5 seconds, duh

Some other examples could show the real power of Status
It took ages to write the system, I'm not quite as inspired to write a demo map. :(

Actually, I thought people might change the effects added to whatever they like to try out different things (especially special stuff like Locust). :)

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
This is one of the coolest systems out. Can't wait for this to have hp/mana bonuses as well. Then it can completely replace Bonus for me.

A few things though...

Do you think you could preload the bonus abilities on a unit? So that we don't get lag when we add them for the first time?

Also, I am still a little disappointed in the stun/disable mechanism. I was hoping that disable wouldn't have the stun buff. To me, it looks a little messy. But the fact that there is now both is a major bonus.

This looks amazing, can't wait for it to be finished. :thup:

Edit:

Oh and awesome work with the removeLocust() method. It works very well.

The interface for this is also really easy and intuitive.. at least it is for me.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Released Version 1.2.4.

>Can't wait for this to have hp/mana bonuses as well.
Done.
Also added Phase status (pity it interrupts the current order).

>Do you think you could preload the bonus abilities on a unit?
Done.

>Also, I am still a little disappointed in the stun/disable mechanism. I was hoping that disable wouldn't have the stun buff.
Hm. I may change this in the near future. The interface won't change at all.

>This looks amazing, can't wait for it to be finished. :thup:
Sure seems to be getting there. :p

>Oh and awesome work with the removeLocust() method. It works very well.
>The interface for this is also really easy and intuitive.. at least it is for me.
Thanks for the feedback. :)
I hope to make this system move object editor work into single lines of JASS, which it definitely seems to accomplish. :)

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Freaking awesome!

Definately one of the most useful and versatile systems I've seen in a while.

I think it is almost time to add this to your sig, and for this to get approved. I will do some stress testing when I have time. :)

Edit:

In your documentation, it may be a good idea to put the limits of the bonuses from the system, like Strength: -1024 / +1024, or something.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
>I will do some stress testing when I have time.
>_<
Lol. The bonuses won't perform greatly (especially negative values).

>In your documentation, it may be a good idea to put the limits of the bonuses from the system, like Strength: -1024 / +1024, or something.
Good idea. I'll remember to do that later. :)

Released Version 1.2.5. Fixed a bug where setting either str or health to negative at all would instantly kill the subject. :banghead:

the Immortal

I know, I know...
Reaction score
Really like the system. Now that it has HP/Mana in it, I will surely change FSInv (*cough* when I finally sit on my ass to finish it) to use it + AIDS

And why not making those two bonuses (hp/mp) abuse that add-remove bug with them? It's less Obj Editor data, faster, and limitless. It'd need only 2 abilities with 5-10 levels (depending on base us'd and the max amount added optimally). The only -possible- con would be that Blizzard might fix it.. which I really really doubt will ever happen.

Still, great job =P

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
The only -possible- con would be that Blizzard might fix it.. which I really really doubt will ever happen.
I don't see the pros. But I see that con.
I didn't use H2I and although I've used this bug in the past, I'm not so sure it's any benefit, really.

Thanks for the feedback. :thup:

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Any chance of adding hp and mana regen? So that we can dynamically control the regeneration of all units (Setting the normal hp regen per str and stuff to 0.00)? :D

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
A few suggestions for additional things for this system to handle:
- Resistant Skin
- Percentage armor mod (Devotion Aura has a percent option)
- Percentage attack damage mod (Elune's Grace for hidden, Cripple for visible)
- Movement speed, constant/percentage?

[/questionablyhelpful] :p

RaiJin

Reaction score
A few suggestions for additional things for this system to handle:
- Resistant Skin
- Percentage armor mod (Devotion Aura has a percent option)
- Percentage attack damage mod (Elune's Grace for hidden, Cripple for visible)
- Movement speed, constant/percentage?

[/questionablyhelpful] :p

AGREED, i still want spell resistance xD

great system though, honestly i love it, thanks so much jesus for making it ;D

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Any chance of adding hp and mana regen?
There is no ability to add x mana regen per second. This means I could do it with a periodic function, but I think I'd prefer people to do this themselves. What do others think? Should I include a triggered mana regen? Perhaps I should.

>Resistant Skin
Added next version (status).

>Percentage armor mod (Devotion Aura has a percent option)
Has buff tray icon. :(

>Percentage attack damage mod (Elune's Grace for hidden, Cripple for visible)
Might look into it (Elune's Grace).

>Movement speed, constant/percentage?
MSX.

Great ideas, by the way. :thup:

Also, added DoubleAttack as a status, for next version.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Looks like someone is having fun testing out new ideas for their system. :p

If DoubleAttack is what I think it is, and works properly, that is an awesome status.

I can't believe there is not one ability that adds x mana regen a second. I could have sworn I saw one laying around somewhere..

Anywho, mana regen would be awesome to have, but I'm not sure if it is worth completely triggering yourself...

Looking forward to more updates on this. :D

RaiJin

Reaction score
what about percentage mana regen and percentage hp regen? and x hp regen and x mana regen, that would be pretty cool

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
UnitProperties has both solid numbers and percentage numbers for mana and health regeneration

They are useful for obvious reasons, so you should probably add them too.

Double attack is way too random IMO. Id rather see some systems with allows not only double attacks but triple attacks, quadro attacks and N attacks and stuff like that. ( You get the point. )

I dont mean to disrespect your hard work with all these cool systems, but you tend to throw too much random stuff to your systems sometimes.

GTrigget was awesome first, but then you add all these unnecessary order event thingies, which are supposed to go to some Order System, goddamit, which was one of the reasons why I chose SpellEvent instead. ( The bigger reason was obviously that it allowed me to do cool stuff that was not possible without it, but anyways. )

Stuff should be simple, at least thats what I think.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Double attack is way too random IMO. Id rather see some systems with allows not only double attacks but triple attacks, quadro attacks and N attacks and stuff like that. ( You get the point. )
If DoubleAttack is what I think it is, and works properly, that is an awesome status.
It is tested and works properly, it makes it so when a unit's attack hits, another attack is launched. Only is really cool for ranged units, because it shows another projectile. Triple/Quadro attacks etc are not possible as far as I know, without direct and specific unit triggering.

I dont mean to disrespect your hard work with all these cool systems, but you tend to throw too much random stuff to your systems sometimes.
Also, Im not really a fan of little systems like these.

I would rather see some big bad ass buff system, that allows you to create triggered custom buffs, that can have various effects, like stun, spellcast disable, attack disable and total disable, as well as stats modifying stuff, ( example: attack, armor, strength, manaregen, movespeed )
I agreed with your current opinion, until I came to agree with your previous opinion. :p

I still want to add Deflect for deflecting projectiles, looking for the best way to do that. :)
And I'll find a way to add pure/percent mana/health regen.

black.sheep

Reaction score
There is no ability to add x mana regen per second. This means I could do it with a periodic function, but I think I'd prefer people to do this themselves. What do others think? Should I include a triggered mana regen? Perhaps I should.

Brilliance aura?

RaiJin

Reaction score
Will MoveSpeedX be combined into this?

and if it does will it support negative values and such?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.