Terrain Editor

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Its fail in some ways though. Like you can't (Or you can, but I don't know how) make cliffs higher\lower then 4, use all of the tiles with ease ("Type" should be a drop down menu were you can select any tile set) you can't make cliff ramps go around corners (it as to be one side or the other) and you have to use the Remove Ramp tool which is slower because the undo button makes it bug sometimes.

Water should be placed down in smaller squares, too. Plus, I was having other cliff troubles. (Randomly it would change all of the cliff to the wrong thing)

Other wise its really good though! :D

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, I haven't used cliffs at all, honest to be. I'm too used to lower/rise, from WE, and I think I'm going to use that in GE as well.

And seriously, not even those things won't make it less awesome for me. I mean, you get fading tiles, OMG! This is like the Grail for me, since I always disliked how I couldn't fade tiles from one to another :3.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
You can even create custom lightning within your map, and my god is it so detailed on how many options you have...

Edit: Lighting effects are awesome.

Attachments

• Screenshot005.Jpg
    Screenshot005.Jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 366

Renendaru

Reaction score
One feature I'm not too sure of in usefulness is hiding terrain cells...

Edit: This is the same terrain as before, but a bit different in lighting...

Attachments

• Terrain 003.jpg
    Terrain 003.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot006.Jpg
    Screenshot006.Jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 340

chanta45

Reaction score
Something that may help in building cliffs over 4, try creating a new map and setting the base height of the map at 6 instead of what its set at which is 8, and see if you can get higher cliffs.

GL! :thup:

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Something that may help in building cliffs over 4, try creating a new map and setting the base height of the map at 6 instead of what its set at which is 8, and see if you can get higher cliffs.

GL! :thup:

No, the given height is only the Z-level of height-level 1. (zero being lowered, and 2 and 3 being the two you can put onto that.)

Even if you put the Z-level at 20, you can't go lower than usual.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Can a mod change the name of this thread into "The Terrain Thread", please. I want to turn this into the analogy of the WE terrain thread :D.

Also, users posting here should note that this is only for showcasing terrains. If you need help with any issue, make a new thread ;).

Renendaru

Reaction score
Did I do something bad?

Attachments

• Screenshot007.Jpg
    Screenshot007.Jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 355

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What I seriously dislike about the SC2 terrain editor is the lack of good environmental doodads. The trees look comic style again, although starcraft is supposed to have a "realistic" look.

Don't get me wrong; the textures of the doodads are usually very good, but the general style is totally ugly. The Stones and trees look extremely weird.

I think I will create some custom tree and stone, such as medieval housing sandbox* models in the next weeks using ingame textures.

*This means that instead of creating an entire tree, you create only a trees crown, or the stem of the trees and then attach them together to complete trees and stuff - that way you can save lots of space but still can have awesome variation in doodads

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.