• Yes

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Good luck with the editor....It's too complex for my tastes...as in...TOO complex.

On a side note:The terrain you can make with it is AWSOME to teh EXTREME :D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I only liked playing Starcraft because you could mass zombies, rush in, get completely massacred and still enjoy yourself to the end. That was impossible in Warcraft 3.

I think they should keep it like it was.

Amen brother

[youtube]vSoREulZSyk[/youtube]

Holy crap. The dude sounds like he's having sex <_<'

Anywho. I think SCII won't be too complicated. Though, I do figure things out pretty fast. Oh well. I can't wait for it. I'm gonna buy it on night of release >=D. But right now my internet keeps pooping out. -_-'

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Starcraft 2 melee will still be about massing, despite all the new content. Blizzard are an intelligent company and they will design the game to suit its fan base. What they are doing is expanding on that so people who who enjoy starcraft and warcraft 3 single player campaigns will get what they want out of the game, people who enjoy starcraft's melee will obviously get what they want and with the new additions to the starcraft editor (hero levels and xp, hero inventories) mappers and eventually warcraft 3 custom gamers will get what they want.

Whether your game is starcraft or warcraft 3, starcraft 2 will cater for all your strat gaming needs. (well except if you truly hate sci-fi and love prancing around in your leotard and cape.)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Aphurea

Reaction score
Blizzard are a smart company, and that's why they won't be making it about massing. They are going to make it visually entertaining... They're going to make it so that it is playable for tournaments, and just like in Warcraft 3, the tournaments will be completely different to most melee games. The game will cater to the Professional gamer, not the Melee players.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well Blizzard Is smart because he has about 4000 People :D (Maybe even more)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
No way. It can't be more complicated than the original one. I mean, they got like a few dousends of strategies per race and you could still mass anyway.

And warcraft3 is not complicated, I can't see why people think that.
There are tons of games out there that are much more complicated than warcraft3. Even starcraft1 is more complicated than warcraft3 to me:eek:
If people want to talk complicated game then they should try playing homeworld2 or maybe even the first age of empires, that is complicated, that is a game that is based on microing due to the missing attack-move function;)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I think not, but some of my friends think starcraft2 will be alot more complicated and evolve tons more strategy like WC3, which they seem to dislike over the basic gameplay starcraft has where all it takes is massing 1 type of unit

Dipends- if you are a pro at starcraft- it'll be moderate, if you are a noob or have played the game a little(like me) prepere for a world of pain.The main idea in starcraft II is to controll a big army who will die fast, BUT you have a lot of ways to counter or neutralize the enemy units(i myself didn't get it, i think that they are reffering to the armor demig system.in warcraft III each armor took moore dmg only from one type.I think that in Starcraft II things are gonna be moore complicated, so i think that it will require moore thinking then warcraft III)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
In starcraft there weren't even armor types or percentual armor reduction, it was just: 1 armor stops 1 damage.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
not true. Firebat attacks don't work so well agaisnt heavy armor which the zealot had. Though it barbeques zerglings for lunch due to the zerglings not having any armor at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.