• Yes

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I think not, but some of my friends think starcraft2 will be alot more complicated and evolve tons more strategy like WC3, which they seem to dislike over the basic gameplay starcraft has where all it takes is massing 1 type of unit

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I think there will be a lot of strategy, and actually you can mass with just 1 unit

Starcraft Q&A Batch 18 said:
When grouping units to a control group, how many units could be added to one group?

Currently, players are able to select more than 150 units in a single control group. The final actual number will be determined by hardware performance tests on the game, but should still be close to that number.

You can mass 150 units and control over 150 units in that group...
So really, I doubt there will be to much complication speaking that you can make large groups of marines, etc.

Not to mention, that there are thousands of ways you can play Starcraft

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I bet Starcraft 2 will have a guide for controls like Warcraft did. :)

They wouldn't evolve that much, so it is probably kind of intuitive if you played sc1 or warcraft.

There may be more of a strategy required, but people will probably develop them in time as usual. :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I vote yes because RTS games in general are too complicated for me, which is why I stick to custom and mapping. :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
This is not a question of how many new strategies it will bring, it's a question of how easily can strategies be executed in Starcraft 2.

And, in my opinion, the better you can micro and macro, the more successful your strategy is, no matter whether you play Zerg or Terran.

Of course, some players micro and macro better than others (practice, gift, etc., I don't know), but Starcraft 2 introduces new technologies (for example, I have heard rumours of smart casting...), which should make the life of beginners (or lazy people) easier.

So, yes, the gameplay of Starcraft 2 shouldn't be that difficult.

What I want to say, if you find Settlers II hard to master, do not purchase Starcraft 2.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
If you want that, maybe just stick to Warcraft 3 :thup:

QFT. Starcraft is a massing game.

I think it's pretty complicated, and who knows what other things Blizzard comes up with...

And, in my opinion, the better you can micro and macro, the more successful your strategy is, no matter whether you play Zerg or Terran.

How comes you don't say anything about Protoss there? :D

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
How comes you don't say anything about Pr*toss there?
Because Pr*toss is too cool to be mentioned (hence the partial censor) :thup:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Wise one you are :thup:.

yoda_biography_3.jpg

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> How comes you don't say anything about Protoss there?

That's because any idiot can send in 20 Zealots. Or 5 Uberunits.

For the other races, it's slightly less obvious.
A owns B, unless B has some upgrade, or attacks from higher ground.
Unless there's also C.
Which all becomes moot if there's also D, unless you have at least 4 of A or B has no more than 7.

All the fun really.
Can't wait for the wiki to explain all that in barely 500 easy to read pages.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I don't think Protoss is that uber. There are plenty of ways in which you can counter him.

Remember that last year there was a Zerg player that won over at Blizzcon.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it'll be complicated.
But not too complicated.

I'm more of a fan of.. Not futuristic games. So I don't know if I should try starcraft :p

I want Wc4 :(

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
That's cause the Zerg players are better. Same thing with Orcs in WC3. For the Horde! :cool:

Sadly the Zerg vs Protoss replays were not avalaible :( (final and losers' semifinal). I really wanted to see them.

However, I can play both Protoss and Zerg pretty decent, can't wait to see in SCII how I handle them. Though, I suck at Terran and I think I'll suck at them in SCII as well :p.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Those who master all 3 races master the game....

It's true i swear :thup:

No 1 race is great or ubor. Protoss only seems uber because their units need to be more powerful for them to have a chance to beating the massable zerg or the Versatile terrans. The only reason they can have like 24ish zealots early in the game is by years of hardwork and practice. I know i tried massing 24 zealots ended up being raped by a full metal mass. (vultures Goliaths and tanks):rolleyes: If you find your self loosing to protoss players often. It's often because you suck :p

Do you people even play SC1 anymore? :shades:

Smith_S9 said:
knight7770 said:
If you want that, maybe just stick to Warcraft 3
You should stick to playing Combat Zone.

I find C&C Zerohour a much better massing game then those 2 :p

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I didn't post the Combat Zone thing, Oninuva did ;).

And yeah, I play SCI, I might come around buying a legal copy, I would like to play on B.net :eek:. Is there anyone still playing on B.net?

Rad

Reaction score
I only liked playing Starcraft because you could mass zombies, rush in, get completely massacred and still enjoy yourself to the end. That was impossible in Warcraft 3.

I think they should keep it like it was.

I find C&C Zerohour a much better massing game then those 2 :p

Amen brother

[youtube]vSoREulZSyk[/youtube]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.