FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
ark.png

Who cares? It's just an object.
Maybe, the object is magical.

Durandal

Reaction score
Funny how people get personally offended by these kinds of articles.

If a bunch of scientists announce that they found a way to make a goat grow a functional e-peen on its forehead, you'd all probably take it to consideration, as opposed to screaming out

without any explanation as to why you think it's... that.

Don't jump for cover every time something you don't agree with comes your way. Take a moment to read or listen before you try to shoot it down.

Who's jumping for cover?

As for the scientists, I would call bullshit on that one too, sorry to burst your bubble, I honestly do not believe anything as old as Noah's Ark could have survived this long, we're talking thousands upon thousands of years here

Sorry, but it's not being narrow-minded, it's just plain far-fetched is all

Especially when it's found by evangelists...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I honestly do not believe anything as old as Noah's Ark could have survived this long
Didn't they once find a caveman's corpse which had been frozen in ice for thousands of years?
And perfectly preserved corpses have been found in bogs after pagan sacrifices, even though they've been there the best part of 14 centuries.

Don't underestimate the ability of anything to last much longer than you expect it to ;)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Especially when it's found by evangelists...

As someone else said... who else would look for it? Historians... are you a historian? So if something is found, someone can instantly say "oh, those people, guess I won't listen to it".

And yeah, if its pressurized and cold, it can be preserved.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Durandal

Reaction score
Didn't they once find a caveman's corpse which had been frozen in ice for thousands of years?
And perfectly preserved corpses have been found in bogs after pagan sacrifices, even though they've been there the best part of 14 centuries.

Don't underestimate the ability of anything to last much longer than you expect it to ;)

That's an entirely different story, flesh can be preserved by freezing, I'm fairly confident the wood would still eventually degrade

As someone else said... who else would look for it? Historians... are you a historian? So if something is found, someone can instantly say "oh, those people, guess I won't listen to it".

And yeah, if its pressurized and cold, it can be preserved.

These are evangelists we're talking about

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Yeah, y'know, those people who started our education system. Like the church and stuff. Those morons. ;)

Please, they're not all crazy, regardless whether or not the ones in question are.

coming from Jesus4Lyf xD, I went to church as part of a catholic school thing, but I wasn't catholic, so I sat there and learned how silly everything was. Though I have to say it brings everyone together quite well.

The people who suggested cutting school state funding are morons!

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Y'all can thank Martin Luther and the reformation for your education systems. Any catholic education system exists only to rival the protestant ones.

Heard of Petrifaction? Possibility perhaps.

We all start doing something with a natural bias, or presupposition. They influence everything we experience directly (consciously) or indirectly, or subconsciously. There is plenty of archaelogical discovery that shows parts of the bible to be true (but none false) so hold your breath! (Not that I think this is Noah's ark, and I'm a Christian).

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
"Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor[1]), is the meta-theoretical principle that "entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity" (entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem) and the conclusion thereof, that the simplest solution is usually the correct one."

Therefore, according to Occam's razor, this wood is Jesus Wood, and therefore cannot perish.:thup:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Noah's Ark? pssh find me Santa's Sleigh

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well if it ain't Noah's Ark, then what could it be?

I'm also pretty sceptical about this. Noah's Ark has been 'found' before. The bible speaks of: "[4] And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat." Mount Ararat, as we know it, is in Turkey, so Turkey is definately the place to start looking. And who else but evangelists would be searching for it?

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
That's an entirely different story, flesh can be preserved by freezing, I'm fairly confident the wood would still eventually degrade
I don't know and I don't care if it is Noah's ark or not, but it's perfectly possible that wood could last that long. Items have been found on remote Scottish Islands that are even older still and have managed to survive.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When people say flesh can be preserved in ice, I don't think they understand.

The Iceman, the famous frozen corpse, looked like this.

otzi-the-iceman.jpg

thewrongvine

Reaction score
When people say flesh can be preserved in ice, I don't think they understand.

The Iceman, the famous frozen corpse, looked like this.

otzi-the-iceman.jpg

In comparison to this.
cave-MAN.jpg

Oh well, the world will never know...

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
I only don't believe this because, the whole world was said to have flooded. If that happened then why have scientists not found any evidence of that, and where did all that water go? Space?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In theory, in order for the story to make sense, all water vapor must have precipitated.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I only don't believe this because, the whole world was said to have flooded. If that happened then why have scientists not found any evidence of that, and where did all that water go? Space?

Really? Please tell me that was sarcasm.
I suppose in a few days, we'll be floating off to space to then.
>.>
Confused. I can't tell if you're for real.
Where does our water go then when it floods?
And it was for 150 days.
:p

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i personally dont believe in the story of noah's ark because such a flood would rapidly change the salinity of the oceans and kill all the fish.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Really? Please tell me that was sarcasm.
I suppose in a few days, we'll be floating off to space to then.
>.>
Confused. I can't tell if you're for real.
Where does our water go then when it floods?
And it was for 150 days.
:p

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Unless you think enough water appeared to flood the entire earth for an amazing 150 days and then it disappears without going to an outside source (space as he stated) then you believe in magic.

Oh wait, that's precisely what you believe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.