[Results Posted] The Tower Contest - 4 Times the Fun

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
towerscreen.jpg

Here is my little tower, i hope you like it :p
Btw my tower is meant to be more a support tower than a killer tower so don't extremly mass it :)

Attachments

• Lord_Executors Orb Emitter.w3x
    85.6 KB · Views: 178

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't test any towers. Warcraft is being retarded.
No screenshot for that reason.

"it must have been created specifically for this contest." - By the looks of it, some of these towers are breaching that rule.

---------------------------------------------------------------------​

Baa-Cid Tower
Baa-Cid tower was created by Romek for Thehelper.net's Tower Contest IV. The tower launches a poisonous sheep at the enemies, which explodes when it comes into contact with the ground, and releases a poisonous cloud. The poisonous cloud infects enemy units, damaging them, and causing them to explode on death. This tower features AI.

Baacid.png

Thanks to TheDamien for the pic!

Attachments

• Romek - Baa-Cid tower.w3x
    72.5 KB · Views: 199

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The contest will end in 24 hours from the time of this post.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
I thought you would make some tower that was as pretty as Sharl or Sandman :|
Ehhhh, sorry. Wasn't quite as inspired, but the real problem is those are hero abilities - one or two instances. Either would lag pretty heavily for a tower as they do 40+ units in full 3d trigonometric rotation (for each instance).

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I think I might have been a bit too ambitious...

Wispwhirl Spire
by Weep​

25z6x5v.jpg

A set of cooperative, strategic, versatile towers based on wisps as their mechanism of operation. I consider them to be valid as a submission together following subrules 6 and 7 regarding synergy and upgrades.

JASS:
Wispwhirl Spire
This tower commands helpful, magically-charged wisps.

Idle - Recharges the tower's mana at a rate of 1% of each wisp's current energy per second. 
Swarming - Provides an attack damage bonus to friendly units near the wisps, up to 60% with twelve wisps at full energy. 
Kamikaze - Burns the target unit's mana, dealing damage equal to the destroyed mana.  Burns up to 1200 mana, proportional to the wisp's energy.

Neutral Nexus
This tower can support idle wisps of any kind.  Wisps can only be in their idle state at this tower, and will regenerate energy as usual.  Magical wisps will continue to charge the mana of the last Wispwhirl Spire they belonged to.

Upgrades into Destruction Nexus, Corruption Nexus, and Enchantment Nexus.

Destruction Nexus
This tower commands wisps blazing with destructive power.

Idle - Attacks nearby enemies randomly, dealing spell damage equal to 60% of the wisp's current energy. 
Swarming - Deals periodic damage in an area of effect below the wisp, at a rate of 6 times the wisp's current energy per second while firing. 
Kamikaze - Deals up to 1000 damage to the target, proportional to the wisp's energy.

Corruption Nexus
This tower commands abyssal wisps.

Idle - Afflicts nearby enemies with a curse that lowers their armor by 5 and grants vision of the unit for 20 seconds.  Cast rate is proportional to the wisp's current energy. 
Swarming - Banishes all enemies in an area below the wisps, making them take extra damage from magic and spells, but invulnerable to physical damage.  Slows enemy movement speed up to 55% while banished, proportional to the total wisp energy in the swarm.
Kamikaze - Corrupts the armor of all enemies within 350 radius of the target, causing them to take extra damage for 10 seconds.

Enchantment Nexus
This tower commands wisps enchanted with nature's power.

Idle - Briefly binds nearby enemies, preventing them from moving and allowing air units to be targeted as ground units.  Cast rate is proportional to the wisp's current energy. 
Swarming - Sprouts tangling brambles from the ground, slowing the movement of ground-based enemies up to 60%, proportional to total wisp energy in the swarm.
Kamikaze - Stuns the target between 3 and 12 seconds, depending on the wisp's energy.

Screenshot does not do it justice at all; this really must be tried to be appreciated fully...

Attachments

• TD4 - Weep - Wispwhirl Spire.zip
    558.3 KB · Views: 198

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
About 10 minutes remaining.... I doubt anyone will submit anything during the last minutes, but it's fine if you do.

In any case, good luck to all the contestants. I'll begin the judging soon. :)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update to let you know the judging is moving along - I have finished with about 4 or so entries. I hope to have the rest done fairly soon. Stay tuned.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
xD I'm sooo excited about this contest. I rly cannot say which one's my favourite tower.. so curious to see the jugding :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really didn't put much effort into mine :p

I don't expect it to do well.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
I can. It's yours (my favourite).

Granted, I haven't seem them all.

Thank you :rolleyes:

if I would have to choose on I would pick Weep's, because I think his tower was the most work and his idea is basically comparable to my originally idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.