Staff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Okay sure. Though it's school season I can write an Anime of the Week (but I'll start with an overview first, then I'll gradually improve my essays) and a report/review on the Anime/Manga Social Group.

Is it okay for me to submit the articles in Sunday?

I already do an anime report for the forums, but if you want to do them, that is fine.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Okay sure. Though it's school season I can write an Anime of the Week (but I'll start with an overview first, then I'll gradually improve my essays) and a report/review on the Anime/Manga Social Group.

Is it okay for me to submit the articles in Sunday?

Actually, I'm looking for someone to write essays rather than overviews because Miz does that already. I think you should focus on anime rather than the anime forum.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
What do you think about a series of articles in which older or newer members would share their memories about the TH-membership experience over the time? I can start it and any member could continue after me, if they wish to. I do not have the time to make it for tomorrow's issue, but for next week's one, I can.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
What do you think about a series of articles in which older or newer members would share their memories about the TH-membership experience over the time? I can start it and any member could continue after me, if they wish to. I do not have the time to make it for tomorrow's issue, but for next week's one, I can.

Sure.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I won't have much this week. (Well as much as my usual like 5 articles.) I was a little preoccupied, but hopefully I can finish a part of my story. Its a parody about TH.net. So we shall see, if not, it will be in next weeks.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When is this week's issue coming?

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
They keep getting later it seems. Ninva, if you need help, just ask.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I have a busy schedule. I think I'll have a chance to post them later today.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once upon a time, it was Saturday.
Then it became Sunday.
Then it became Monday, very early in the morning (GMT).

Now it's Monday afternoon (GMT), and it's not out. :(

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Lol :p
Btw, I sent you my article thing Ninva. It's a game review. Did you get it?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Deadline is now Saturday. Send all articles to Ninva. Those who do not send their articles on Saturday will not be included in the next Prose.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Wow. I see a lot of people here and there asking Ninva "Why are you late?!" [okay, perhaps not as angrily, but you get my point] and I'm kind of shocked. I understand the meaning of deadlines and that if you're going to supply a product, you typically do so on a schedule that you adhere to and as you adhere to it, you build credibility, but there's a big difference here.

This is not a product. There is no benefit to Ninva, the reporters or anything. No one is being paid for this or compensated. Maybe Ninva and co. get some +rep once in awhile. But in the end, when you compare the Prose to their, you know, LIVES, I'm shocked to see people having the audacity to even ask, let alone ask in an expectant way.

MAYBE... Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm crazy.

But maybe I'm not :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know how hard it is for me to write 1 article per week with my busy life, but Ninva has to manage the all the articles, so I agree with you Seth.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
To me its summer brake, Everyone is prone to want to do more outdoor stuff..... Enjoy yourself!!!!

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I think everyone who writes for the Prose does a great job. I do get frustrated at times when I don't have the necessary time to do things, but I do cut meetings short and find slots of time on most weekends. Sometimes I just can't get away.

The Prose is going through some management changes that will hopefully make things easier. If the new plan complicates things, then the administration may have to make more changes.

This whole project is a volunteer job, and it takes a great effort from everyone to maintain this news letter. Some wonder why I don't write many articles, and I have to say I just don't have the time. I'm seventeen now. I have a mega load of new responsibilities. Things aren't free. Siblings need looking after for because my parents are away. Life takes up most of my time, which is how it should be.

I don't expect anyone to pump out five articles a week. If you do, then I thank you. You're really committing yourself to the Prose, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your fifteen minutes of fame each week.

You may see things change within the few days. We're planning on changing the format, the publisher, and assign someone to just read all the articles and polish them up. This new set up will make the reader's experience a more pleasant one, and the finished product will mirror professional newspapers.

There'll be an article explaining everything in the coming Prose.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
send = pm.

If its necessary, is 11:59:59 still an acceptable time to send articles or is that not preferable.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saturday Midnight.. Which timezone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.