System Status

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
doesn't it take over the unit's one orb effect?
For that and the reason that I couldn't actually hide the icon, double attack was removed (never saw public).
It's pretty easy to set up, though, but trying to use a spellbook to hide the ability icon didn't work (because it does funky stuff). To set it up, use orb of slow or orb of lightning (new) to cast a searing arrow (set art on searing arrow to none). Also, the issue I had in actually making it work was you must force the unit with the ability to attack another, since it is an orb effect and Blizzard is slightly lame. :)

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I'm probably just being picky now, but it would be cool if stuns and disables worked a bit better together. Currently, stunning a disabled unit and visa versa can give kinda lame outcomes.

Ways in which I think you could fix it:

- When a stun is used on a disabled unit, remove the disable buff and have the unit visibly stunned.
- When all stuns are removed from a unit and the disable counter is still greater than 0, add the disable buff back to the unit.

That should make the buffs more consistent, and help make gameplay less confusing.

Also, you could probably reduce the amount of lines in this with a textmacro for the similar functions (silence, stun, doom, etc.).

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
When I tried to stun a disabled unit, it didn't show any signs of being stunned.

Then when I unstunned the unit (from the above stun instance), it removed the disable instance as well.

That was the worse case scenario.

There were other times when one or the other happened.

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having any issues with Status in the spell template maps? I'm not sure how to fix this problem. The Status example trigger works, but just by chance because it stuns every unit in the map but when I try to stun 1 specific unit it stuns a totally different one. And when all the unit's die and respawn and I try to stun them with Status again it doesn't stun any unit any more. Maybe it's a problem with how AIDS works with the respawn trigger in the template map? I don't know but I'm really having problems getting Status to work correctly.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
You'll need to post a map with the problem, but as said via PM (and I prefer this mode of contact personaly - via in the system thread) I expect it is setting "Custom Values" or "UnitUserData" manually. That's what it sounds like. :)

If you post a map I might even change the triggers to use AIDS instead of conflict with it. AIDS is GUI compatible. :thup:

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You'll need to post a map with the problem, but as said via PM (and I prefer this mode of contact personaly - via in the system thread) I expect it is setting "Custom Values" or "UnitUserData" manually. That's what it sounds like. :)

If you post a map I might even change the triggers to use AIDS instead of conflict with it. AIDS is GUI compatible. :thup:

Well I never touched the Custom Values / UnitUserData, but you're right. The "Initialization" and "Revive Creeps" triggers that come with the map is setting it.

I was able to fix this myself now that I know what the problem was, thanks!

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Please make [LJASS]call Status.addBonus(ArmorBonus, 5)[/LJASS], so we can have a bonus data type.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Please make [LJASS]call Status.addBonus(ArmorBonus, 5)[/LJASS], so we can have a bonus data type.

Why not just use function interfaces?
JASS:
function interface BonusMod takes Status this, integer amount returns nothing

//..
local BonusMod b=Status.modArmorBonus
call b.evaluate(Status[unit],5)

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
oh, that's cool, I didn't know we could do that.

RaiJin

Reaction score
i just thought of something,

if a unit has a spell blocking buff, then blocks the stun from status would it bug?

if that's true i'd like to also include that Purge can remove buffs, so would it bug aswell?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
i just thought of something,

if a unit has a spell blocking buff, then blocks the stun from status would it bug?

if that's true i'd like to also include that Purge can remove buffs, so would it bug aswell?
Well yes, in mapping using Spell Shield is a Bad Idea™, because it's not likely to function properly with triggers.

On the other hand, dispelling the buff from this should function as expected. The buff is reapplied each time it should be anyway. :p

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
A few observations that might be useful:
Spell Damage Reduction (Alsr) does not stack: the most recently added ability based upon it will take precedence (eg. if you add a 50% Alsr, then a 25% Alsr, the unit will take 75% spell damage). Removing the most recent ability will fall back to the next most recent (only tested with 2, though).

Elune's Grace's magic damage reduction also applies to spell damage, and is multiplicative with other abilities based on Elune's Grace and with Spell Damage Reduction.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
That stuff is supposed to be done through damage detection system anyways. This way you can have magic resistance against only some sources of damage and cool stuff like that.

Weep

Reaction score
Some comments directly relating to Status as it currently stands:

Your Doom dummy spell will create a Doom Lord with no expiration timer upon the death of an afflicted unit - is that desired? Shouldn't a "Doom" status modifier not have the spawn-on-death effect, since the user might want a different unit? Here's a better idea: make it spawn a certain dummy unit, and provide an onDoomSpawn event allowing a user to catch it and replace it with a summon of their choice. At least make it a game-neutral invisible dummy, if not an event.
Nevermind; I was mistaken. P.S. I wish this forum had [strike][/strike]. :p

Bash doesn't work as a base skill for Always Miss. Try it in-game - that data field works as evasion. I didn't realize it until that post I linked, either. Is there any way other than Curse?

Why are you using Banish, not Ethereal?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Your Doom dummy spell will create a Doom Lord with no expiration timer upon the death of an afflicted unit
Really? I'll look into that. I don't need an onDoomSpawn Event, because it will always be on unit death with the condition that [LJASS]Status[GetDyingUnit()].isDoomed()[/LJASS].
Edit: You are wrong, no doom guard spawns.
Bash doesn't work as a base skill for Always Miss. Try it in-game
I tested everything in game. The units missed. Did you test it and find otherwise?
Edit: Tested again, and I don't know if what you say is true, but whatever I've used works. :)
Why are you using Banish, not Ethereal?
Good point. Didn't think of this one. Will look into it, some time. :)

PS. When did you start using vJASS? :p

Weep

Reaction score
Edit: You are wrong, no doom guard spawns.
My mistake; I didn't have # of Summoned Units at 0.

I tested everything in game. The units missed. Did you test it and find otherwise?
Yes; opponents missed when attacking the unit with the Bash ability. That unit itself did not miss. (I didn't test the system so much as the system's abilities in the demo map; see below. If Status does something other than give the Bash ability to the unit which is supposed to always miss, I wouldn't know.)

PS. When did you start using vJASS? :p
I haven't. :p

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
That unit itself did not miss. (I didn't test the system so much as the system's abilities in the demo map; see below. If Status does something other than give the Bash ability to the unit which is supposed to always miss, I wouldn't know.)
Oh. I see. I tested things by adding them to every unit on the map. >.<

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
..why isnt there a destroyTimed(takes real) ?, you did it on BuffStruct...

i can't add a status with duration without stopping the thread.
(i.e. not using TriggerSleepAction.)

and i tried stunning with buffstruct, but it shows 2 icons on the tray. annoying.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
..why isnt there a destroyTimed(takes real) ?, you did it on BuffStruct...
Because I don't know what you'll want to remove. And you'll probably want to remove a special effect with it.

BuffStruct may result in two buff tray icons, but personally I find it's the best solution...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.