Campaign Warcraft IV - The New Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
A normal map with 4 MB limit will never be as good as a full campaign with unlimited size

The map i sa mele map.THe point i am trying to make is that if you want to make a warcraft IV campaing map wich won't be a waste of time for evry self respecting undead player you have to make completly new rases forget the old heroes and make completly new ones with original abilities and a story that doesn't effect the warcraft univers directly.

staskax

Reaction score
The map i sa mele map.THe point i am trying to make is that if you want to make a warcraft IV campaing map wich won't be a waste of time for evry self respecting undead player you have to make completly new rases forget the old heroes and make completly new ones with original abilities and a story that doesn't effect the warcraft univers directly.

well that's what I'm doing , also storyline will be changed in time :p oh and if my campaign will be a success , I will also make some melee maps with fully remade races

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well that's what I'm doing , also storyline will be changed in time :p oh and if my campaign will be a success , I will also make some melee maps with fully remade races

If there will be no contest for killing Arthas and you need any help, count on me.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
A normal map with 4 MB limit will never be as good as a full campaign with unlimited size

not true, a proven map maker or group of map editors with good skills in terraining, triggering, storylines and systems will make a better 4mb map then an unproven, possibly unskilled and uninspired map maker that makes an 80mb campaign.

It's not all about size and downloaded content, it's about how available content, resources and mapping limitations can be crafted into a stable and working package. An artist can make a masterpiece with very little in the way of materials, with what a man without vision may consider to be junk. It's all about skill and imagination... and the ability to apply it using what is available to you.

staskax

Reaction score
not true, a proven map maker or group of map editors with good skills in terraining, triggering, storylines and systems will make a better 4mb map then an unproven, possibly unskilled and uninspired map maker that makes an 80mb campaign.

It's not all about size and downloaded content, it's about how available content, resources and mapping limitations can be crafted into a stable and working package.

So I'm an unproven , unskilled and unispired mapmaker without any triggering skills or whatsoever ?

MurderMode

Reaction score
I don't know, I've never seen anything you have done. If you complete this project to the standard you think you're capable of then no, you are the opposite of those things.

It wasn't a dig at you, just your comment.

OH, I still want to see a copy of the email blizzard sent you reguarding this project tho.... I think we all do :)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I hate Sylvanas, she is so full of herself :p
Anyway, I could provide some story lines. I will provide 1 undead one first.
It has been a while since the Lich King and Arthas merged and the Lich King is still exploring his new-found powers. He can use powerful Ice and Death Magic like a Lich and a Death Knight combined. Yet, Sylvanas and the Forsaken are on a quest to stop him at all costs and the only way to do so is to find the ancient relic. But the Lich King, too, is after the relic to unleash his true power upon the world...
So you play Sylvanas' Forsaken and some of Lich King's forces to race against time to the relic. Whoever wins is up to you.
Or something...

shadowcon

Reaction score
Since WC1 was orcs and humans, WC2 was orcs humans and undead (not sure if WC2 had Night elves) maybe you could add a new race, like Demons, or Eredar (eredar as in the eredar of old, WoW's Draenei, not the evil red ones)

Due to my low age of 13 and having english as a second language, I apologize for my spelling and grammar.

Humans: In wc2, there were "Elven Archers" in the human race. So it were elves, but not as an entire race.
Orcs: There were no race called "Undead", but there were Death Knights. They were the wizards of the orcs. And had nice spells like Death and Decay, Unholy Armor, Death Coil, Haste and Raise Dead.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
While I seriously think those lore ideas should be completely tossed and rewritten, like many have said before me I noticed, I really think this is a good idea and I for one would happily help test it and whatnot.

So like I said, I agree with many things that have been written here,
but if you can pull this together and make it as good as you want it to be I have a feeling this can be really really great :)

Don't mind these evil people man, keep working :thup:

staskax

Reaction score
IMPORTANT.: It seems that Blizzard has already found a team for WC IV development , so I'm ending this project

MurderMode

Reaction score
IMPORTANT.: It seems that Blizzard has already found a team for WC IV development , so I'm ending this project

Wow, crushed under the weight of your own lies... but hang on, I remember something!

since we all know that Blizzard is not going to create Warcraft 4

That's right, we all know blizzard isn't going to make warcraft 4! ...luckily they just found a team lying around to make it, that sure takes alot of pressure off your shoulders.

Seriously do you think anyone here was that dumb to believe that Blizzard was relying on you to make warcraft 4 out of the warcraft 3 world editor? Do you even know anything about the games industry, let alone Blizzard? The are a MMBDRLC (Massively Multi-Billion Dollar Real Life Company), They don't just 'find' teams or just go 'hey, lets make warcraft 4 today'. They employ a large amount of people to work on future projects before we even git a whim of it. Cut out the lying and concentrate on making something, or just stop creating project threads.

staskax

Reaction score
Wow, crushed under the weight of your own lies... but hang on, I remember something!

That's right, we all know blizzard isn't going to make warcraft 4! ...luckily they just found a team lying around to make it, that sure takes alot of pressure off your shoulders.

Seriously do you think anyone here was that dumb to believe that Blizzard was relying on you to make warcraft 4 out of the warcraft 3 world editor? Do you even know anything about the games industry, let alone Blizzard? The are a MMBDRLC (Massively Multi-Billion Dollar Real Life Company), They don't just 'find' teams or just go 'hey, lets make warcraft 4 today'. They employ a large amount of people to work on future projects before we even git a whim of it. Cut out the lying and concentrate on making something, or just stop creating project threads.

I never said they asked me to make wc IV , they just were interested in my project

MurderMode

Reaction score
whatever. Blizzard don't take note of randoms who post a couple of paragraphs and claim it to be Warcraft 4. You closed this project down because you lied about that (cmon, wheres the email?), you know very little about warcraft lore and you can't live up to expectations or complete projects. It's just silly.

...and how could you possibly know blizzard are currently working on warcraft 4? You would be the only fanboy in the world to know that. They worked on Diablo 3 for 2 years in secret before releasing the news. Honestly, stop burying yourself. Just admit it and move on

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Haha, epic failed. :/

Staskax, perhaps you should work on smaller maps first to prove to others so people will believe you, since you seem to be getting a lot of critisizing, lol.

punwisp

Reaction score
Well, I think he expects something to get rel popular before its made, so he makes a project, wants a group of people to basically do it for him, and hope everyone will just rush to the thread, which will never happen. Stas, answer this, why would a multi-million dollar company be interested in you creating a project like this? Including sense you can't even complete ONE, let alone have any kind of commitment, you make lore that makes no sense, so its obvious you don't know much about it...Next time, do your research..Be committed, don't waste everyones time... Every single time you make a new project, not only do you prove what people say about you, your reputation increases greatly, so when you host a new project, no one will be interested BECAUSE they know you cant even complete one.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
whatever. Blizzard don't take note of randoms who post a couple of paragraphs and claim it to be Warcraft 4. You closed this project down because you lied about that (cmon, wheres the email?), you know very little about warcraft lore and you can't live up to expectations or complete projects. It's just silly.

...and how could you possibly know blizzard are currently working on warcraft 4? You would be the only fanboy in the world to know that. They worked on Diablo 3 for 2 years in secret before releasing the news. Honestly, stop burying yourself. Just admit it and move on

And you are?

MurderMode

Reaction score
.... A guy making a valid point?

Don't start unrelated flames, I'll have no part in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.