StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to read all the posts in this thread.
Anyway, I want a new event: 'A unit is attacked and takes damage'.

EDIT: Btw, will anyone from Blizzard read any of these suggestions, or are we just discussing amongst ourselves? :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> EDIT: Btw, will anyone from Blizzard read any of these suggestions, or are we just discussing amongst ourselves?
We're probably discussing it amongst ourselves. :p

> 'A unit is attacked and takes damage'.
Or how about a "Any Unit Takes Damage" event, and a "Damage Taken is from an Attack/Spell" condition.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
What about some more flexibility when coming to gameplay? I'd love to see some arcade, action maps... that is IF the engine can take it.

Exide

Reaction score
> 'A unit is attacked and takes damage'.
Or how about a "Any Unit Takes Damage" event, and a "Damage Taken is from an Attack/Spell" condition.

Either way is fine, as long as we get a better way of detecting damage done to a unit - so that we simply may add cool explosion and whatnot when a unit hits another unit on the head.

New idea:
I want to be able to tilt units. -Throw them around a bit. =)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about some more flexibility when coming to gameplay? I'd love to see some arcade, action maps... that is IF the engine can take it.

Wait for my House of the Dead to be released on WC3 ;)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Either way is fine, as long as we get a better way of detecting damage done to a unit - so that we simply may add cool explosion and whatnot when a unit hits another unit on the head.

New idea:
I want to be able to tilt units. -Throw them around a bit. =)

Actually, does events are in wc3. And if you look in the tutorials and resources, there is a custom event which gets the unit damaging or something like that.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Yes, but it is barely functional, and to get it done well, you have to use complicated damage detection systems.

We just want a better system built in.

Exide

Reaction score
Actually, does events are in wc3. And if you look in the tutorials and resources, there is a custom event which gets the unit damaging or something like that.

You might want to re-read your post and edit it, before I reply. :rolleyes:

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>No blizzard cliffs.

Actually, if you look at the screenshots, they have blizzard cliffs but much nicer and they can actually be pretty big not like the wc3 ones were they make squares of cliffs bigger than each other.
Well, yes and no. To clear that up, the "Blizzard cliffs" we know from WC3 are still there and unchanged. The tall cliffs you're talking about are merely there to create an abyss, as in the area at the bottom of the tall cliffs is not playable.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
some trigger event/action that detects cooldown of an ability

BETTER WAITS!

this is my 600th post!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Less built in stuff that I'd rather code.

More flexibility in coding.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I'd love to see a Event - User presses (KEY) (such as W, A, S or D)
Fast, of course.

That'd make me eternally happy together with a Event - User left/right clicks =)

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
Here's some.

How bout the ability to include multiple maps in a single multiplayer game? So when the players go into a building, rather than teleporting them to some other area of the map that you had to set aside as "Inside", you could just load up the map file for it. And for RPG's and such, you could have multiple levels and different tilesets and have each area look unique. Just think of all the possibilities with this one...

And a built in, very detailed Help file for the Editor, which includes definitions of every single trigger action, every value in the Object Editor, every thing that someone using the editor might need to know. This would help soooooo much with people first getting into the editor. Plus, I bet there is still some aspect of the WC3 editor somewhere where you don't know how that particular thing works (Especially with all the random stuff that goes into the Object Editor). Wouldn't it be nice if you had a manual or help file to look that particular thing up? I know I'd like it.

And seriously? Fix the AI and Import Editors. Yes, I know they work. They are obnoxiously annoying and difficult to work around. The Import Editor only takes certain types of files, and to get your stuff into the right format you need to download other third party software and its all just a huge hassle to get any sort of custom materials in the game. And the AI editor is pretty much a joke. I have yet to see anyone seriously use it for any reason. It needs a major overhaul.

Oh and how about an Animation Editor? So you can easily allow the units to move in the ways you want them to without resorting to downloads and complicated filetype conversions. And maybe even a Model Editor, so you can make your own?

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
i love HG-Bonfires idea's, + rep to him, i aint going through everyone's post.. not enough time haha..

i want SC2 to have the -save feature like on some RPG maps e.g Master Crafter and the likes. we all know it can be done but it takes a stupidly long time on the current editor of WC3.. If SC2 had a system that it auto saved everything like that to a code i would be absolutely stoked.

also the option to choose the color of each individual piece of armor on each unit (like on Dawn of War).. this makes the game much more custom but is not really necessary and i don't expect it to happen, after all what are skins for?

a nice model editing box would be cool, instead of having to get someone else's off the internet. Once again i dont expect it but its a nice thought..

i guess a system that is auto fix's all leaks in GUI but i guess basing these fixes on computed assumptions could pose as a threat to the map, maybe if it were an option this could work..

anyhow hope you guys like my ideas :)
-give_me_rep <-- obey the name :p

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here's some.

How bout the ability to include multiple maps in a single multiplayer game? So when the players go into a building, rather than teleporting them to some other area of the map that you had to set aside as "Inside", you could just load up the map file for it. And for RPG's and such, you could have multiple levels and different tilesets and have each area look unique. Just think of all the possibilities with this one...
Please read the list of already confirmed features before posting something. It takes like 3 seconds to google "Starcraft II editor features" and find the wiki ...

And a built in, very detailed Help file for the Editor, which includes definitions of every single trigger action, every value in the Object Editor, every thing that someone using the editor might need to know. This would help soooooo much with people first getting into the editor. Plus, I bet there is still some aspect of the WC3 editor somewhere where you don't know how that particular thing works (Especially with all the random stuff that goes into the Object Editor). Wouldn't it be nice if you had a manual or help file to look that particular thing up? I know I'd like it.
Actually, most of the stuff is self-explaining. But a function list and documentation for those that don't want to use GUI would be awesome, so that you don't need to use 3rd-party tools.

And seriously? Fix the AI and Import Editors. Yes, I know they work. They are obnoxiously annoying and difficult to work around. The Import Editor only takes certain types of files, and to get your stuff into the right format you need to download other third party software and its all just a huge hassle to get any sort of custom materials in the game. And the AI editor is pretty much a joke. I have yet to see anyone seriously use it for any reason. It needs a major overhaul.
I agree on that. The AI Editor is already confirmed, however.

Oh and how about an Animation Editor? So you can easily allow the units to move in the ways you want them to without resorting to downloads and complicated filetype conversions. And maybe even a Model Editor, so you can make your own?
This will certainly not be implemented. Animation editing requires a 3DModel editing program, since animations are saved in the model files itself (bones and stuff) and are not something related to SC2 in any way.
Learn 3dsmax, if you want to change anims. It's not that hard.

i love HG-Bonfires idea's, + rep to him, i aint going through everyone's post.. not enough time haha..

i want SC2 to have the -save feature like on some RPG maps e.g Master Crafter and the likes. we all know it can be done but it takes a stupidly long time on the current editor of WC3.. If SC2 had a system that it auto saved everything like that to a code i would be absolutely stoked.
I doubt something like this will be already built-in ... and besides I rather have the choice to use my custom save sys. Look up "the shortest save load code ever" in the system repository and there you are. No scripting and such involved; you just need to write the save and load function.

also the option to choose the color of each individual piece of armor on each unit (like on Dawn of War).. this makes the game much more custom but is not really necessary and i don't expect it to happen, after all what are skins for?
This, however, would be awesome; But I think its not possible to adress armor parts with tinting; only the whole unit.

i guess a system that is auto fix's all leaks in GUI but i guess basing these fixes on computed assumptions could pose as a threat to the map, maybe if it were an option this could work..
A simple garbage cleaner does the job. I don't see why this wasn't implemented in the wc3 editor. Hopefully SC2 will have it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.