TH Mini-Tournament Series #2 [RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
slapshot with 854 as the identifier isn't working?

anyways, this weekend im busy in the afternoons, so it would have to be around or before noon, is that ok?

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I added you BANANAMAN on B.Net, I will be on and don't worry about not playing before the 28th haha.
Can we begin games immediately?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I'm having a couple of issues with my SCII lately.But it should be resolved soon.

Syndrome

Reaction score
I'm having a couple of issues with my SCII lately.But it should be resolved soon.

Haha, my graphics card is a monumental pool of festering rot and decay, which means that I crash in games from time to time. Not just SC2, like in LoL I get like 0 FPS for maybe 25 seconds before it crashes and burns.
Let's hope that doesn't happen, I really want to see how far I get in this tournament xD

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Edit:Just reinstalled and patching now. Should be able to play soon.

Watchu gonna do when the zerg are comin
better stop thinkin you can even do something
watchu gonna do when the zerg start swarmin
nothin, so you better start runnin

[video=youtube;3PWDTM40LSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWDTM40LSw&feature=related[/video]

Just sayin. ;)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Honestly, bananaman, you held that 6 pool in game one really bad, and you didn't just lose three drones. I would've preferred if you hadn't thrown down the spine crawler, pulled out all of your drones from the mineral line into some open space, and then attacked the lings. You wouldn't have lost nearly as much.
And the 6 pool was poorly executed, too, so you were lucky.

The second game you didn't have nearly enough drones, so everything you did was completely all-in.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
I would reword that first suggestion or it might come off as an arrogant statement that you seem to think you're better than me.

;)

Syndrome

Reaction score
Haha, I got so nervous I made some extremely bad decisions:
In game one if I did not cancel my Lair/Hive/w/e it's called, I could've defended it with my 8 lings.
In game two, well, I massed marines and got hard-countered by banes, should've went for drops, air or mechs after the first wave of marines died.
Back to solo queue for me for a while. Gonna improve toss and main that.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I will restrain myself from commenting on how much lack of skill you need if you are to let banelings like that work, the way that they did in the second match.

Also terran, being able to repair your buildings is a useful skill to have ;]

bananaman, maiking soo many lings that early in the game is unwise most of the times, what I'd recommend you do is scout the front with 4 lings, if you see a lot of untis then most likely it is an early-mid game push, get a good number of ling bling or roach and play defensively...

I also dislike the builds that both of you went for the second match.

Yeah, ok sure, Mutas on scrap are awesome, you can harass all expos, within seconds and force your opponent to move around the map like crazy while you nydus him, but when you see a 3 rax, 2 of which have reactors (aka 4 marines at a time) it might be sliiiightly unwise to do so.

Also going 3 rax on scrap station is awesome! 3-5 bunkers and you are unbreakable, you can get every single expo you want... however not expanding and making a semi all-in marine army, where as the rush distance is ridiculous isn't a game winning move.

Terran, the lack of stim killed you. You realise that you can press stim, and kill all blings without loosing marines, right ? A stim damages your entire army, sure, but you maintain the entire DPS, it is better to have 20 marines on half hitpoints, than 10 on full health (the dps is twise as high ;) )

The final baneling micro was on the level.

Aaaanyway, these are my 2 pennies.

Also, I agree with vestras.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Completely forgot to post this yesterday, the site was down:(

Anyway, the RESULTS!

2-0 to Monsterous. GG covereths!

Here are the replays for everyone to watch :D

Attachments

• Covereths vs Monsterous - Match 1.SC2Replay
    52.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Covereths vs Monsterous - Match 2.SC2Replay
    36.2 KB · Views: 338

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
>>Just saying thats it as it is. That's not arrogant
nope it's arrogance

Covereths

Reaction score
okey okey i got to nervous by playing against monsterous ... made som very poor decisions xP and that was my worst games EVER so dont watch the replays xP and next time im going zerg :p i will defeat Monsterous sometime and i hope to face him again if there is a new tournament ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.