which is better cjass or vjass

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
you can use both of them at once

only thing you can't use with cjass is zinc =)

cjass removes a lot of extraneous words and does c syntax with all of the features of vjass. I suppose cjass is better because of overloaded definitions, but it really depends on the syntax you prefer ;p. You can always do pure vjass syntax and use the overloaded definitions from cjass, but yea, why not just use both? : )

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Neither is 'better'.
cJass has more features, though most of them are somewhat useless, and almost all of them can be replicated in one way or another in vJass. Most of cJass is just made for faster coding, though it's ugly and messy.

If you prefer the traditional {} and line-enders, I'd recommend using Zinc. Otherwise, stick to vJass.
cJass takes the role of trying to go for 'best of both', but ends up taking positives from neither, and just filled with rubbish.
I am aware that cJass was made long before Zinc, but now that we have Zinc, this is how it stands.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
cJASS is fine, Romek. Just because you find it useless doesn't mean everyone does.

Lyerae

Reaction score
To be honest, I only know of one site which supports cJASS at the moment...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> cJASS is fine, Romek. Just because you find it useless doesn't mean everyone does.
Of course, everything I said is my opinion. :rolleyes:
I personally find the only good part of it to be the defines. Though they're not something anyone's desperate for, I'd think.

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
does cjass directly compile to jass or to vjass ?
Or should i ask... can you even use cjass without JassHelper (vJass) ?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
does cjass directly compile to jass or to vjass ?
Or should i ask... can you even use cjass without JassHelper (vJass) ?

cJass doesn't directly compare to either one. cJass is to vJass what vJass is to JASS. cJass requires a vJass compiler, as it simply compiles to vJass.

Lyerae

Reaction score
Zinc is another language supported by JassHelper.
That's about all I can tell you about it. I don't know it.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
zinc

zinc was made by vexorian and comes with jasshelper. The link I put up there is the manual Vexorian wrote ; )

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zinc is not C.

It has a C/++ like syntax.

Edit: Also, in Zinc, you must use libraries.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Zinc serves a purpose different to Jass, to be honest, it is main purpose is to test the grounds for more multi-language support, and to have fun implementing yet another language. But it should also be a good alternative to vJass in its own.

Zinc is actually an acronym that stands for ZINC is not C. However, to continue with JASS' tradition, you may call it Zinc or ZINC indistinctively.

Why call it it Zinc is not C? Well, because while the syntax tries to follow that classic C-style paradigm, it does not follow it 100%, there are parts of that style of syntax I didn't want to use. It also avoids giving the false impression that learning Zinc would somehow help you learn C, or that people that know C-style languages will have it easier with Zinc, and such non-sense...

Let me list the values, the rules behind its syntax and workings.

Copied from here:

http://www.wc3c.net/vexorian/zincmanual.html#clike

Now you know Nestharus.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
No I meant we all know Zinc isn't C, but didn't know it was an acronym, lol.

Anyhow, the only positive I see in Zinc is the for loop and while loop. I think the overloaded definitions in cJASS far outweigh that, but that's just me.

I love overloaded definitions ^_^. It makes designing frameworks so easy ;o.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.