I want to learn, too

Rocket|...

Reaction score
I downloaded NewGen, unzip it, copied to Warcraft folder, updated jasshelper (All from here), disabled Rtc, and now it 's a mess.

So I think I should retry from the beginning: assuming that all I have is Warcraft III 1.24e (update from TFT -> 1.24d -> 1.24e). What other programs do I need to start learning WorldEditor
(with vJass or cJass, and 8MB map limit, and so on... :p)?

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
I downloaded NewGen, unzip it, copied to Warcraft folder, updated jasshelper (All from here), disabled Rtc, and now it 's a mess.

So I think I should retry from the beginning: assuming that all I have is Warcraft III 1.24e (update from TFT -> 1.24d -> 1.24e). What other programs do I need to start learning WorldEditor
(with vJass or cJass, and 8MB map limit, and so on... :p)?

Can you email your JNGP to me? I cant download it. Tysm
([email protected])

hellmonja27

Reaction score
here's my 1st time experience on the NewGen Pack.
-1st i downloaded it (obviously)
-then i unzipped it
-then i double-clicked that little exe file with nifty icon
-then it asks me where'd i hide my Warcraft III files (1.20e still)
-i point it to where it is and-- viola! there it was. a new worldeditor to melt my brain...

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
That's my link :D

Also, useful programs (without links - you can download them from the Hiveworkshop)

-ButtonManager
-Magos Model Editor
-WarCraft 3 Viewer
-JNGP (i suggest you to use my link - the experemental)

I think these programs are enough to manage everything, what you should need: icons, textures, models, mpq archives.

DioD

Reaction score
also you need zezula mpq editor and jass shop or jass craft for external code edition.

dont recommend to use builds from xgm since they include cjass this may possibly lead to problems.

also i suggest you to patch out GUI extensions from UMS5 since hashtables does not work with it.

Rocket|...

Reaction score
So
For coding: JNGP, Jasscraft
For model/mpq/.... data: Zezular MPQ editor, Warcraft 3 Viewer, Magus Model Editor, Button Manager/ Photoshop

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I would say JNGP, Notepad++, WC3 Viewer, Photoshop, Magos Model Editor, Ladik's MPQ Editor.

That covers just about everything you could need.

I choose Notepad++ over JassCraft and Jass Shop Pro because of its versatility.

I don't have much use for a model editor as I'm not a modeler, but I don't know about you. MPQ editors aren't much use generally unless you're doing something with protection.

Warcraft 3 Viewer and Photoshop go hand-in-hand very well.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
I do not recommend any external text editor for JASS coding.
+1, why do you even need one? it even has TESH.

Focus on one aspect of mapping first and be good at it. Start at coding

Don't bother with modeling/texturing unless you really need them.
Hiveworkshop and others have a lot of free resources.

DioD

Reaction score
there is completely no reason to code from editor when you can write code from notepad like tools.

Rocket|...

Reaction score
I wonder what UMSWE is. What will happen if I enable it ? cuz it show some Error message [TriggerAction] when I enable it

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's for GUI, which you will probably not be using if you are learning JASS?

This is inspiring me to work on my JASS tutorial :thup:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
That's a matter of opinion. Let's not taint this thread with a silly argument when it's not meant to be a thread for that.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
When I start a new project, I build it entirely in Notepad++ before trying to compile it in World Editor. After that, I do most of my edits in the editor and then consult Notepad++ when I need more features, like find/replace or indentation.

DioD

Reaction score
13lade619
you code it wrong(C)

try to save map with standart editor with missing endloop statement and bah hours of work lost.

try to code with weak laptop.

read any book for c++ or similar real coding, it will suggest you to code notepad with first pages.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.