AI CONTEST #1 | July 3rd - July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Edit II: Your pathing is screwed at 1100, -1730. >_> lol

It's screwed in a lot of places. Plus, some spots are so small Tauren Chieftain and other larger heroes can't fit through them, so small heroes have an advantage.

No_exit

Regular User (What is Custom User Title?)
Reaction score
Since andrew more or less ignored my previous post here is another attempt:

Are we allowed to ask GetUnitFacing() on visible units?
Are we allowed to get the position of all Health Shrines / Mana Shrines / Graveyards on map initialization?
Are we allowed to monitor the damage that the units do and this way see that the illusions are the ones that do 0 damage, or if we damage the unit, we get a higher then normal damage?
Are we allowed to use GetTerrainCliffLevel()?
Are we allowed to ask the ability ID of a casted spell at casting start or do we need to wait till the actual effect?
Are we allowed to ask the ability ID of a casted spell if only the hero is visible (the spell location not)?
Are we allowed to ask the ability ID of a casted spell if only the spell Location is visible (the hero not)?
Are we allowed to ask for the move speed of a(visible enemy) unit?
Are we allowed to ask for buff levels?
Are we allowed to ask for the level of a casted spell?

Well 2 days extra would be very nice because I'm still not sure what rules are being used :/. Also can we get a precise hour of when the AI is supposed to be ready?

For the rest I volunteer for making written reports on the forum of (some/most/all, depending on amount of participants and my available time) matches if you provide me the maps/replays.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
we are allowed to call for every data a real player would know. of course if a bloodmage casts a point targeted spell a real player would know he is casting flamestrike because he aint got any other point targeted spells.
same goes to most other questions, what a real player would know the ai should as well.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
we are allowed to call for every data a real player would know. of course if a bloodmage casts a point targeted spell a real player would know he is casting flamestrike because he aint got any other point targeted spells.
same goes to most other questions, what a real player would know the ai should as well.

A real player won't know that he's casting a point targeted spell.

Plus, you can tell he's casting flamestrike by the effect on the ground so you could just check if his current order is flamestrike. That's really the only way to check for that spell :p Along with Blizzard etc and other point spells.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able to watch these AIs.
I'm leaving on Saturday.
Coming back in about 2 weeks. :p

I'd rather there are no comments apart from either me or Andrew.
If someone else is essential, then preferably someone literate.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I'll volunteer commentate and host.
AndyPandy did state that he could host.
It's up to him about commentators.

I'm sure he'll be able to commentate himself though. o_O

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The games will be hosted on Europe, as both AndyPandy and I are in Europe.

We could host on USEast if we needed to by the way (we don't need someone to host for us). :p

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I can't wait to see who's going to win and which hero will be the most picked one.

And it seems like you were right! "Only 2 weeks beause people use to start triggering 2 days before the deadline."

Must be true, there's no submission yet and we're 2 days from deadline. o_O

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
of course that can't possibly be because 2 weeks is a too short time :rolleyes:

I'm agreeing with wellwish3r.

If it was a spell contest, 2 weeks would probably be enough since so many of us are already used to creating spells already. As far as I know, AI's have not been practiced nearly as much, so many people are starting basically from scratch.

I wanted to participate, but decided not to because of the time frame.

On the other hand, if submissions do come in, they'd be something to practice against in the next iteration of this contest. It'd actually be pretty interesting to have regularly b.net meetings where we'd pit AI's against each other. It might sound hard to pull off, but considering there won't be a long process of grading like in other types of contests, I don't see why not, given there is enough interest.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
As we're nearing the deadline, I have a couple of questions:

Basically the AI is allowed to use whatever it can see, does this include getting the location for neutral buildings on the minimap?

Also, many of the good players memorize cooldowns, manacost, etc. of spells, is the AI allowed to share similar behaviour?

If so, are we allowed to make use of vJass' struct from .slk feature?

*Edit*
Are we using 1.23 or 1.23b+?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Can you please set the terrain to explored so that blink doesn't bug?

Also, is vJass allowed?
Any answers? I need to start my AI, and I CANNOT do so until I decide a hero based on that first question.

I will not be able to enter this competition if that query goes unanswered within the next 8 hours or so, and the deadline remains the same. :(

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I don't think I'll be able to watch these AIs.
I'm leaving on Saturday.
Coming back in about 2 weeks. :p

I'd rather there are no comments apart from either me or Andrew.
If someone else is essential, then preferably someone literate.

Great, first I pull out because your pc would lag and you'd dq me, then you say you're probably not going to be able to watch anyways -_-' :thdown::thdown::thdown:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I like to watch too and commentate but may i if i dont submit any AI's

If you want to commentate, please send me a demo.

Something battle report-ish.

Can you please set the terrain to explored so that blink doesn't bug?

Edit: Also, is vJass allowed?

The whole terrain to explored? Wouldn't that mess up the "IsUnitVisible" function?

vJASS is allowed, why shouldn't it?

Are we allowed to ask GetUnitFacing() on visible units?
Are we allowed to get the position of all Health Shrines / Mana Shrines / Graveyards on map initialization?
Are we allowed to monitor the damage that the units do and this way see that the illusions are the ones that do 0 damage, or if we damage the unit, we get a higher then normal damage?
Are we allowed to use GetTerrainCliffLevel()?
Are we allowed to ask the ability ID of a casted spell at casting start or do we need to wait till the actual effect?
Are we allowed to ask the ability ID of a casted spell if only the hero is visible (the spell location not)?
Are we allowed to ask the ability ID of a casted spell if only the spell Location is visible (the hero not)?
Are we allowed to ask for the move speed of a(visible enemy) unit?
Are we allowed to ask for buff levels?
Are we allowed to ask for the level of a casted spell?

1. Yes,
2. You can use and get their locations as long as you don't use them as pre-placed objects - the AI must work on any map.
3. Yes,
4. Yes,
5. You need to wait for the actual effect - this eliminates some because superhuman reactions...
6. Yes,
7. Yes,
7. No, the exact value is not visible to you
8. No, that's not visible to you
9. Also no, the same reason as previous

I'll volunteer commentate.

Please send me a demo if you wish to do that.

Basically the AI is allowed to use whatever it can see, does this include getting the location for neutral buildings on the minimap?

Also, many of the good players memorize cooldowns, manacost, etc. of spells, is the AI allowed to share similar behaviour?

If so, are we allowed to make use of vJass' struct from .slk feature?

*Edit*
Are we using 1.23 or 1.23b+?

You can get the location, because they are visible on the mini-map.

You are allowed to share similar the mentioned similar behaviours.

Yes, you're allowed to do that.

I'm running the latest patch, patch 1.24.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
i think with explored Jesus means that the terrain has been visible to the player once before (like create a visibility modifier across the map, and then remove it). Fog of War would still be present. Blink cannot be casted on spots that have never been visible to the player.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
i think with explored Jesus means that the terrain has been visible to the player once before (like create a visibility modifier across the map, and then remove it). Fog of War would still be present. Blink cannot be casted on spots that have never been visible to the player.

Uploaded a new version of the map with fixings.

To all commentators!

Here is a ~5 minute long replay of one of my footmen frenzy map to make your demo cast.

Features lots of hero-to-hero battles so it should be perfect.

You can comment from the viewpoint of my team.

But of course you can do a demo choosing your own video.

Yeah, you can do just a voice clip and I can later synchronize it with the video.

Attachments

• footmen frenzy demo.w3g
    30.7 KB · Views: 289
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.